AZLance

Hunting accident, need prayer

Lord I pray that Chris has a full and speedy recovery. I pray that all sickness and brokeness in his body is gone. I pray that Chris & his family are a testimony of how you sustain us and are the keeper of us. Yahweh truly let your light shine through this ordeal and bless all those involved. In Jesus name Amen.

WOW! Thank God you have faith! It pays off doesn't it! My thoughts and payers go out to him and yourself for a speedy recovery! Keep us posted and let us know if there is anything any of use can do?

He will give us strength when we are at the end of ourselves. Leaning on God first and last was the only way through this situation. If we would only take the time to think about it, we also need God in all the everyday, routine, and mundane things we do as well. Where do we think our next breath comes from?

Thanks for sharing the story and your faith.

I have also prayed for this man's recovery - and will continue to.

30 years ago, I fell 15 feet from a tree stand, landed on my neck/shoulders and broke 7 vertibrae. I am thankful for my life - and every breath.

Praise God. Even in the tough times, praise God.

Mike

That is a top-shelf testimonial John! Give the glory where it is due!

God IS good - all the time!

Update from John....

Thank you all for your prayers. It sure is easy to spot you Bible believers. In fact, as I read your emails, I was overwhelmed. Three or four times I literally buried my face in my hands and sobbed uncontrollably as the reality/immensity of what God had done sunk in and brought me out of my funk.

Chris has no broken bones. Amazing! Spine and neck OK. Amazing! All vital signs strong and stable. Head injury closed and no further surgery needed. He was upgraded to ice chips to clear liquids to soup and last night ate a pancake.

He does not remember anything about what happened or even that we were hunting. However, he did remember the area and could name land marks. He recognizes all family and wanted hugs and kisses from his wife when she came in (real good sign!).

I explained to him that he had fallen off a cliff. Although he does not remember, he did understand. At least, he now knows why he is there.

I told him they brought him there in a helicopter. He didn't remember, but we joked about not being able to see the scenery on our first helicopter ride.

These are the positives we are holding onto.

The downside is that he has no mobility in his left leg nor can he sit up. When he tries, he just rolls to the side. This lack of mobility is neurological. It is being strongly suggested that he be moved as soon as he is able to a rehab center (nursing home). His wife (nurse) wants to believe that she can take care of him. My wife (nurse) says he has to be able to sit up and walk a little with a walker before he can be cared for at home.

He is a bad patient and bull headed. He is mad and wants to go home. I suspect that Dad (me) will have to step in and apply some force.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and for the prayer warriors you have contacted who are all praying for him. He is alive, and he has come a long way back in 48 hours.

Nothing is impossible with God, and He always has a purpose. Although we cannot always discern His purpose, He does promise that all things work together for good for those who love Christ.

congratulions. good news to hear. hard headed kids are good for a lotta things. landin' on their head and survivin' is one of em. good luck to you and yours. Lark.