Sign in to follow this  
zslayer

Tags In Mail?

Anyone receive their deer tags in the mail yet?

Wasn't there mention fairly recently of going to e-tags?   

Using this option for New Mexico pronghorn, and it is pretty slick, IMO.  Though it's interesting, because you still have to 'tag' the animal by writing some key info on a piece of paper and tape it to the animal.....    Thing that is nice is that I was able to purchase my license online, like normal but I don't have to wait for them to mail the tag.  

In the meantime, I'll be waiting for my AZ elk tag like all the rest of the lucky hunters. ;) 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stanley said:

Using this option for New Mexico pronghorn, and it is pretty slick, IMO.  Though it's interesting, because you still have to 'tag' the animal by writing some key info on a piece of paper and tape it to the animal.....    Thing that is nice is that I was able to purchase my license online, like normal but I don't have to wait for them to mail the tag.  

In the meantime, I'll be waiting for my AZ elk tag like all the rest of the lucky hunters. ;) 

Sounds like a hassle compared to just sticking the tag on the animal 

also in regards to waiting for the tag, have you ever not gotten your tag in the mail on time for your hunt? I never have

• Like 1

Just now, trphyhntr said:

Sounds like a hassle compared to just sticking the tag on the animal 

Yep, it actually sort of is.  Last year was the first time I used it.  Didn't read the instructions well, and assumed I would just sort of hit a button on the mobile app and be done.  Wasn't until a couple of hours later when my rancher-buddy mentioned it that I realized I had to do that step.  Hoping as the process matures maybe they'll just go full-on e-tag.

The only advantage is that I don't have to wait for the mail to get the tag.  Not a big deal either way, I suppose.

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

Only reason I want the tag to come soon is because you can’t call the phone number to get hunt results anymore. Which is dumb af but not surprising, they want everything to be a hassle now 

You don't just go online to see result?

4 minutes ago, stanley said:

You don't just go online to see result?

No I’m tired of resetting my password and I never made my dad a portal account. The portal is entirely useless and has improved nothing. Was much easier to call 602-942-300 than to log into the portal 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, stanley said:

From what I understand is they are still working towards e-tags but it won’t be ready till next year more than likely.   I like the idea of e-tags in a way because we won’t have to wait for tags and it’s a great way to get harvest reporting but there is also something about having a tag in hand and placing that tag on a animal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zslayer said:

From what I understand is they are still working towards e-tags but it won’t be ready till next year more than likely.   I like the idea of e-tags in a way because we won’t have to wait for tags and it’s a great way to get harvest reporting but there is also something about having a tag in hand and placing that tag on a animal.

How are they going to attach all those adds to an etag? Maybe it's be a wash since they will save on postage.

• Haha 1

Last time I drew a kibab tag it showed 5 days before the hunt.So figure around the week of the 12th or so.My buddy didn't get his in time and had to get from f&g office.

14 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

No I’m tired of resetting my password and I never made my dad a portal account. The portal is entirely useless and has improved nothing. Was much easier to call 602-942-300 than to log into the portal 

I think the changes to the portal in the last year or so are pretty nice. 

Once I log in I have access to both kids portals from mine. 

• Like 1