Sign in to follow this  
Couesnut

Kvichak AK

Have  not been where you mention, can’t even pronounce it. I have been in AK  3x fishing, it’s amazing. The whole trip is life changing . Enjoy!

• Like 1

Never heard of that one. I have done 27 trips to fish Alaska. Is it a Bristol Bay drainage? The coho should be running good.

15 hours ago, Ringer said:

Never heard of that one. I have done 27 trips to fish Alaska. Is it a Bristol Bay drainage? The coho should be running good.

Kvichak comes out of Lake Illiamna (largest freshwater lake in Alaska) and is a Bristol Bay drainage.   Huge Bows and incredible sockeye runs.  Couesnut, you will not be disappointed!  

I have never fished there but I would think the reds would be done by the end of July. Probably going to be catching silvers. Have fun snd tight lines

yes, please post some pictures and tell us about your trip.  In 2000 I took my 3 children and spent 2 months in AK.  We loved it, my middle son hooked and landed a king in the first 10 min of fishing.  We caught and sent home a ton of salmon, it was pretty cheap back then.  But we honestly enjoyed the inland areas more than the coast.  Seemed like we had hundreds of square miles to ourselves.

• Like 2