bowhunter-tw

Desert Mule Deer

On 9/4/2022 at 6:07 AM, bowhunter-tw said:

Yah Ive hunted it a bunch for coues and found mule deer during the rut hunt. Guess we wanted to try something different. Turning out to be a real challenge

We've had years where we didn't see crap out scouting prior to a hunt but the hunting pressure in the area moved deer around to places they normally wouldn't be and we were able to tag out. I hope you have some of that same luck. 

7 hours ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

We've had years where we didn't see crap out scouting prior to a hunt but the hunting pressure in the area moved deer around to places they normally wouldn't be and we were able to tag out. I hope you have some of that same luck. 

Same ... I can second that

• Like 1

Took my daughter out to look around last weekend. There was a good storm that made the washes run the afternoon before so no deer or deer tracks to be found. We found a couple coveys of quail and I shot 6. I could’ve shot more but the population is so poor this year I chose to let the rest be. Had I been solo I wouldn’t have shot any but my little girl wanted to eat a few for dinner. Speaking of eating, we cooked some hot dogs together over a fire for lunch and just enjoyed being in the desert together! I am so happy she enjoys the outdoors and I cherish our time out there, It just blows me away how fast our kids grow. 

hopefully, some of you have been out and finding some good bucks. 

2626A65A-C43E-49ED-A0EF-08DF7BC78148.jpeg

64A81587-5BD3-46BF-A408-204E8630871C.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Love 1

Nothing better than spending time in gods country with your offspring's . 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bowhunter-tw said:

dang thats a nice deer!

He's a cool buck. He knows deer season is 2 weeks away and had no reason to run today.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

He's a cool buck. He knows deer season is 2 weeks away and had no reason to run today.

Yup he better save up his energy, we’ll be after them next weekend!