Sign in to follow this  
maximus

E-Tags

E-tag, but you still have to tag the animal with a "material of your choice" with a unique code on it. What the point of an e-tag if we still have to tag it? Might as well keep the original sticker tag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CouesFanatic said:

E-tag, but you still have to tag the animal with a "material of your choice" with a unique code on it. What the point of an e-tag if we still have to tag it? Might as well keep the original sticker tag.

Duct tape and sharpie tags for all!

I’m not sure I see the benefit…in some other states with more than 1 deer limit you can check in online and keep hunting. I suppose there could be a lot of cost savings on printing and mailing tags but also possible lost revenue from all those ads on the tags. 

I think it will be the best way for harvest reports.   Also should take care of people that fill and archery tag then get the deer in the freezer without getting checked and go out and kill another with a drawn rifle tag. 

53 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Duct tape and sharpie tags for all!

Literally what I’ve done for New Mexico pronghorn the last two hunts, since E-tags were rolled out there.   😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zslayer said:

Also should take care of people that fill and archery tag then get the deer in the freezer without getting checked and go out and kill another with a drawn rifle tag. 

I don’t understand this logic…can you explain?

You have never heard of people that have a OTC archery tag along with a draw tag then fill their archery tag and get it home without getting checked then just keep it quiet and go kill a deer with their draw tag later in the year?  Giving themselves 2 deer in the same calendar year?  If you E-Tag it’s automatically reported therefore a lot harder to get away with.  Not sure what else to say!

4 minutes ago, zslayer said:

You have never heard of people that have a OTC archery tag along with a draw tag then fill their archery tag and get it home without getting checked then just keep it quiet and go kill a deer with their draw tag later in the year?  Giving themselves 2 deer in the same calendar year?  If you E-Tag it’s automatically reported therefore a lot harder to get away with.  Not sure what else to say!

I think he means they can still shoot an OTC buck and just not E-Tag it and then shoot a rifle buck. It’s the same situation. 

That is a possibility for sure but they also run the risk of being stoped/checked without a tag during the transfer from field to home.  Just saying it gotta cut back on that somewhat. 

8 minutes ago, zslayer said:

That is a possibility for sure but they also run the risk of being stoped/checked without a tag during the transfer from field to home.  Just saying it gotta cut back on that somewhat. 

who the heck would check them?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, zslayer said:

They still run that risk with an OTC tag if they don’t tag their animal. I don’t see how it would change anything personally. I respect your opinion though and hope you are right. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zslayer said:

1 hour ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

I think he means they can still shoot an OTC buck and just not E-Tag it and then shoot a rifle buck. It’s the same situation. 

E-tags or not, poachers are gonna poach.   Pretty sure that E-tags will have ZERO impact on dudes who double dip (or more) in any given year.

• Like 2