Sign in to follow this  
coueshunter80

Youth hunters

Thank you for the encouragement!

My son, 11, will be starting his first ever deer hunt tomorrow. Any antlered in 20C.

I might be more excited than he is...

Anyway, good luck to all the youth hunters and their mentors.

And be safe out there everyone!

• Like 3

YES!!! 

My children are all young adults now, but I'm fortunate enough to be invited to help on a 6A junior cow hunt this weekend.   Packed and ready to head-out later today!  Can't wait!  Freaking love hunting with the kids!!!

GOOD LUCK, KIDS!!!!

S.

• Like 6

My water leak under my slab led to digging trenches and saw cutting in the garage so we unfortunately had to turn my boys tag in. Upside is he had point guard and we are considering a non permit tag if timing works out. And lucky me found a dude with a very nice travel trailer he wants rid of on the cheap.

Good luck to all them kids tho. Stanley is right, nothing is as fun as helping kids fill tags! 

Did have a buddy up where we were supposed to be and they were knee deep in elk. Hopefully one hits dirt in the am.

Good luck!!

Hunting 20C. Lots of does and one fork so far. 

I have two tags and my boys are loving it. 

• Like 6

On 10/5/2022 at 10:53 PM, coueshunter80 said:

Good luck to you youth hunters this coming weekend let’s see them pics

Kid learned some great lessons on this hunt. Hard work payed off this time!

IMG-9648.JPG

IMG-9649.jpg

• Like 5
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 1

On 10/6/2022 at 6:35 PM, CatfishKev said:

My water leak under my slab led to digging trenches and saw cutting in the garage so we unfortunately had to turn my boys tag in. Upside is he had point guard and we are considering a non permit tag if timing works out. And lucky me found a dude with a very nice travel trailer he wants rid of on the cheap.

Good luck to all them kids tho. Stanley is right, nothing is as fun as helping kids fill tags! 

Did have a buddy up where we were supposed to be and they were knee deep in elk. Hopefully one hits dirt in the am.

Good luck!!

Dang Kev that is a real bummer. Sorry to hear that happened to you! But seems like there has been some upside. Did you end up getting the trailer?

On 10/14/2022 at 8:27 PM, AzRaised08 said:

That is a fantastic buck!! Congratulations to your son! Very happy you were able to tag out

Thank you.

He hunted pretty hard for 9 days (we took of the middle day off) last season on the unit 10, youth antler-less hunt.

And while he did get his scope on one cow, she ducked behind some Juniper and the tag is still in his drawer.  

That hunt didn't deter him.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 8:28 PM, AzRaised08 said:

Dang Kev that is a real bummer. Sorry to hear that happened to you! But seems like there has been some upside. Did you end up getting the trailer?

It's all good the guy needs some remodeling done so he'll hold it. Should be rolling by the time the next hunts come up next fall.

• Like 1