Sign in to follow this  
buglethemin

6A success

I wanted to thank everyone for their help and information for unit 6A. A couple of months ago when we all got our draw results, some of you helped me with information on 6A, first time hunting the unit, and with a hetic schedule I was only able to scout a few days. However during those August and Sept. scouts I found a spot with some nice bucks. So that is where I started. I got drawn for the second hunt, started last friday. Opening moring was windy as all get up. I spotted the smaller buck at around 9 am. He was on the same hill I scouted in August, but during the scout he was running with a larger buck. Anyway we looked all around this buck, and he seemed alone. I asked who, want to go after it. I was hunting with three other guys and none of them have ever shot a deer. I was going to pass on this buck, since I have taken a few nice ones in the past. My brother in law Tom, answered up. I told him I would go with him to help spot and range the deer as we got closer. As we got within 300 yards or so, I glassed at the last spot we noticed him, and I found another buck. It was the large one I seen scouting. I told Tom there was another buck, and if he wanted this one. He told me he couldnt see, and after several minutes of trying to point it out to him, or give him a reference, I was worried this buck would slip. I decided to shoot it. One shot at 262 yards was all it took. As I shot, Tom's buck stood from its bed at 285 yards, He was able to see and find it in his scope, one shot was all it took. This was his first buck. I did not get a score on his buck but mine scores 106 & 2/8 gross. Thanks guys, hope the photos go through.

I wanted to thank everyone for their help and information for unit 6A. A couple of months ago when we all got our draw results, some of you helped me with information on 6A, first time hunting the unit, and with a hetic schedule I was only able to scout a few days. However during those August and Sept. scouts I found a spot with some nice bucks. So that is where I started. I got drawn for the second hunt, started last friday. Opening moring was windy as all get up. I spotted the smaller buck at around 9 am. He was on the same hill I scouted in August, but during the scout he was running with a larger buck. Anyway we looked all around this buck, and he seemed alone. I asked who, want to go after it. I was hunting with three other guys and none of them have ever shot a deer. I was going to pass on this buck, since I have taken a few nice ones in the past. My brother in law Tom, answered up. I told him I would go with him to help spot and range the deer as we got closer. As we got within 300 yards or so, I glassed at the last spot we noticed him, and I found another buck. It was the large one I seen scouting. I told Tom there was another buck, and if he wanted this one. He told me he couldnt see, and after several minutes of trying to point it out to him, or give him a reference, I was worried this buck would slip. I decided to shoot it. One shot at 262 yards was all it took. As I shot, Tom's buck stood from its bed at 285 yards, He was able to see and find it in his scope, one shot was all it took. This was his first buck. I did not get a score on his buck but mine scores 106 & 2/8 gross. Thanks guys, hope the photos go through.

Still trying to load phots, I guess my work computer wont let me, give some time I send them when I get home

post-2764-1226531838_thumb.jpg

Very nice. a bunch of good deer being dropped this year so far.

Congrats,

--Bill

I had also seen this buck in Sept. and was on the other side of the hill when he shot it. I had met buglethemin the evening before and we talked a bit about where we would be hunting the next day. We both admitted to seeing bucks in the area, but neither of us let on that we had seen this caliber of buck. :lol: I passed him on the road later that afternoon and got a brief look at that buck. It is a toad! Congratulations to you and it was good to meet you and your buddies. Where did that scuff on his ear come from??

Here is Toms buck

post-2764-1226546967_thumb.jpg