Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

E Tag App

Not too sure if this is a topic already. But I just downloaded the etag app onto my phone. G&F posted about this app a few days ago so I gave it a try. It just stays on the homepage. It won't do anything. Is anyone else having the issue or heard about it?

2 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

Not too sure if this is a topic already. But I just downloaded the etag app onto my phone. G&F posted about this app a few days ago so I gave it a try. It just stays on the homepage. It won't do anything. Is anyone else having the issue or heard about it?

You do have to "opt in" to electronic tagging in your portal and then link the app to your portal. It may take a day for them to link up and the licenses appear in the app.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

You do have to "opt in" to electronic tagging in your portal and then link the app to your portal. It may take a day for them to link up and the licenses appear in the app.

Ah gotcha! Thank you!

I haven’t opted in to e-tag but I still see more than just the homepage on the app. I logged in the first time and now see my licenses and some other info on there. 

• Like 1

Don't mean to hijack thread but what is the advantage of an e-tag from a hunter's point of view?  I never found using a paper tag all that difficult and never once had a problem with the current way of using a tag.  I always completed surveys online once I got the reminder in the mail.  Easy peazy.  The way I see it there are more negatives to an etag.  No phone service to "tag" animal and people questioning whether or not your animal is actually tagged are just a couple red flags for me.  What am I missing?   I'm not trying to be negative, just trying to understand better.

• Like 2

If you read in the regs about the e tag you still have to "tag" the animal with a number that is given to you in the electronic tagging process.  It states you can use material of your choice being tape or flagging material.  Basically you're still having to tag the animal with something that now you need to provide.  Seems kind of like a waste of time to me.  I do like the app for showing the threshold/closures for units. Other than that it's pretty pointless.  

Seems like an extra step you still have to tag the aninal and gives coords to a kill. No thanks.

I do thi k an app with closures for otc tags like deer and bear are necessary and would better serve all parties involved including g&f

• Like 1

3 hours ago, knothead said:

Don't mean to hijack thread but what is the advantage of an e-tag from a hunter's point of view?  I never found using a paper tag all that difficult and never once had a problem with the current way of using a tag.  I always completed surveys online once I got the reminder in the mail.  Easy peazy.  The way I see it there are more negatives to an etag.  No phone service to "tag" animal and people questioning whether or not your animal is actually tagged are just a couple red flags for me.  What am I missing?   I'm not trying to be negative, just trying to understand better.

I agree, paper tags are simple enough. One important note, you do not need phone service to tag the animal. You do need your phone however. And my phone dies all the time and losing a phone is easier than a wallet.

6 hours ago, knothead said:

The app they made also gives you draw results and all your licenses too. So it's like the portal but no service needed. But for me I have taken my family members hunting a lot over the past couple years since I got my driver's license. Almost every time they forget their tags weather its just the morning hunt. Or they left the tag at home and we didn't find out till the first day of hunting. On my brother first hunt which was late archery elk we drove up to Williams set up camp n all that. Woke up the next day and started hiking. We get up to a glossing point and I asked to see his license and tag and he didn't. So we had to drive 4 hours back home n all that stuff. So I guess for me it'll be nice for myself and them. Just depends on your predicament

• Like 1

The only reason i opted in is some states post draw results a little earlier for those on etags. It saves azgfd money to not print and mail tags as well

• Like 2

there is a code that is  issued with the e-tag. Mine did not have it. I called G&F and they issued the code but could not tell why me I did not receive it or how to  prevent it from happening again. The lady I spoke with was clueless and could not have cared less.

• Like 1