Coach

Rude hunters

I have a polaris and love it to death. I find it very useful in helping me get through rough 4wd roads that I would be afraid to take with 4wd pickup. Using quads are also more time efficient and manuverable on these tough roads. It really irritates me when I see quad tracks off road and I know that a lot of hunters hunt from there quads which is against the law. My quad allows me to get to some very remote waterholes that would othewise take me all day to hike to, and I consider it one of my most valuable hunting and scouting tools. It is also a lot of fun to go trail riding w/ my wife and seeing new country on a quad. You guys that hate quads are missing out.

I like Kevin from New Mexico's reply.

What we're dealing with here in Arizona is too many people! When there are too many people, we compete for the prime spots and when we find we're not alone, we feel violated. The good folks then try harder to find more remote areas and the others act out their dissapointment in various ways.

When we work hard to get out of the big cities and into our places of solitude (hunting spots) we really don't care to see other people.

It's too bad that the USO jerks are from New Mexico, because by and large, folks from New Mexico are really friendly people.

I ran into a rancher in the Quemado area a while back (in passing on a dirt road) and an hour later I had to force a goodbye so I could continue with my scouting. One of the things he said was the county he lives in has a whopping 15000 people in it now! I informed him that the city that I live in has 50000! In one town! And this is not a big city in Arizona.

When there is nobody around where you live, it's fun to meet new people - down right special!

That's probably why Kevin "can make friends with a fence post". Gotta talk to somebody!

Anyway, what we are experiencing is an over population problem. I envy the relaxed, friendly and hospitable desposition of the folks in New Mexico.

I love Arizona, and I love people, but it's sure gettin hard to find a secret spot anymore. In fact, there may not even be one left.

I applaud the guys that bust their butts and hunt the places that see very little human traffic. Wonderful are the rewards that this effort offers.

Mike

I agree with Brian. If you need a vehicle to get to your starting point thats one thing, but when it becomes the hunter I get pissed. I must admit I have stopped fighting those guys and have used them as another tool in hunting. Just like Brian saw those guys will chase anything worth a dang otu of an area. I tend to get back far enough that teh end of their range is thebeginning of mine. I ahve found it to be of value just like the illegals. Find the disturbance and watch it push everything around. Then take your kill out to the road and when they stop on the way back you can explain to them that they drove right by the amimal you shot. Thank them for their help and explain to them the more time they spend on that ATV the less time they are hunting. There is no way to stop them jus tlike a river so harness the power they provide and don't let them ruin your hunt. I knew a paralized guy who kept hunting by getting special permission to hunt from his truck but he was a rare case he could not walk! Lastly and soem of you might not want to do this, but when your truck issitting at the end of a road there is no way for anybody to know where you are out there. Maybe leaving some sort if note would help. I got screwed out of a very fine 4x in the Cerro's on the Nov hunt by not leaving something noting my direction. Where I parked is the only real way into this area and teh guy who spooked my 4X had no way of knowing what part of the 5 sq miles I was in. He did not want to see me either. We laughed about it and moved on.

Hey Rich T (Coues Addict),

Great post!!! Your way is the only way and is my way too, and really isn't just the "hard way" but also the "most satisfying way". Personal satisfaction is all that matters.

I scout, hunt, camp, target practice, butcher my game, cook my meals, get my truck unstuck, reload my ammo, pack my game out, and pop my dislocated knee back into place all by my lonesome. I'm from the old school of hunting, and must do everything myself to be satisfied. Sounds like maybe you are, too?

I jumped a guy on my Utah deer hunt last fall after seeing him buzz up and down the 2 tracks at high speed on his 4-wheeler. Eventually I was hiking thru an area and found where he had ridden off road 100 feet up a small ridge so he could have a look-see with out getting off the seat. 100 feet!!! Give me a break. His tracks tore up the virgin ground. I was fuming. I ran into him later that day, cut him off in my truck, and flat out told him I would kick his selfish, ignorant butt and put a bullet thru his machine if I saw any more of that sheet. I do believe he got my message.

I have thousands of $$$ in superb optics, good boots, comfortable packs, and lightweight rifles..............and many great trophy animals...........but no quad. Go figure.

Should this topic be changed from rude hunter to quad hunter???

Cause there is just as many complaints about rude hunters on foot and in trucks as there is on the quads.

Whats the difference here?

You that are completely against quads "Theres been a few" be sure to carry that SIGN huntin with you every year that states if I'm in a life and death situation here,... please keep going if your driving a quad.

VRRROOOMMM

Like that samurai movie I like good conversation.

Relax Dan,

The rude hunter in my story was ME! LOL

And I would rather die than ride one of those things.

I don't know if any of you guys saw our camp in 22 or not, but the road was so bad that my 4X4 wouldn't make it. So I had to pack all our gear back to where we were going to camp. :blink: After that... the quad didn't move at all :huh: after the hunt was over I couldn't believe that I still had a topped off tank, as I ussually use it to get back near the lake. Anywho we had two different trucks come in, and park IN our camp. They parked closer to our tent then I did when I did get my truck back there. One guy decided that my big red quad would make a great footrest as he tied his boots! If I would have had a rifle with me I think I might have put one about ten foot over his head. What is with these people? Do they have no common sense, or do they just not care? I would never use someone elses camp to park my truck. BTW I don't road hunt. I like to find the little things that are always way off the road

I've had people come into a canyon I had been in for hours glassing. I don't wear orange, or camo for that matter, I had on a black sweatshirt and a red hat. I was sitting on a bluff glassing, and would have been clearly visible to a conscienence (sp) hunter who would look before they lept into a canyon. I could hear their radios first as they were communicating with some other hunters, I could not see. Then all heck broke loose as they started demolishing a rock ledge, rolling the rocks into a nice north facing hill side in which I was glassing. Deer came out, mach 4, but I don't think they could even see them. That must have been their whole objective, because when the rocks settled, they left the way they had come, leaving me with a long walk and a ransacked canyon.

Bass

This bonehead needs an etiquette lesson. Fill his tent or backback with your trash and tell him that you assumed it was okay since he assumed it was okay to use your quad for his footrest.

It is sad, but Some people are just plain ignorant.

Bass

This bonehead needs an etiquette lesson. Fill his tent or backback with your trash and tell him that you assumed it was okay since he assumed it was okay to use your quad for his footrest.

It is sad, but Some people are just plain ignorant.

LMAO

I was heading to the top of a hill behind our camp, when their truck came in. So I droped below the skyline, and sat down so they couldn't easily notice me. That when they started walking around like it was their camp. I called my buddy on the radio, and asked if he was expecting people to show up. He said noone knew where we were, but would start back just in case. I can only imagine what they would have done if I did that to their camp.

Well it seems everyone here has had a similiar experience. What I cant believe is the fact that people will pull into your camp to unload their quads or pull up next to your vehicle and glass when there is miles of country to hunt in. I have lived in Arizona since 1970, shot my first deer in 1975 at the age of 10. We used to camp and hunt without anyone bothering us, most of time. People used to avoid other hunters camps, unless they wanted help or just wanted to visit. We would never even think about parking next to someone and trying to hunt were they where even if it was our favorite spot, its ridiculous. Kinda like fishing and having someone cast on your bobber because you just caught a fish in that spot!

These people calling themselves hunters just because they have a tag in their pocket should stay home or get educated on what it means to be a hunter. I will bet alot of the ones I saw in this year have never even taken a hunter safety class or had it taught to them by their parents. They get into hunting like most other things a friend tells them they should go but none of them teach the novice the basics. What makes it even worse they have no respect for the animal they are trying to kill. They feel nothing, its just an act, pull the trigger, throw it in the truck, show it off and go home. Half of them waste the meat, and could care less.

One thing I will say for this post it does give me some hope, because it seems a lot of folks still have the passion for real hunting, and that is what we need, because if all it has become is a money making venture (USO), or a competition just to get your picture in a magazine we might as well hang it up. The Anti's out number us and they will take it away from us.

HOPEFULLY WHEN THE AZG&F RAISE THE PRICE OF TAGS AND LICENCES SOME OF THESE MORONS WILL LOSE INTREST IN THEIR SO CALLED "HUNTING"

TRIPS. WE CAN ONLY HOPE!!

Jan 1st I was guiding my brother into a big buck when just before he was to get within 100 yards, someone started varmit calling. The deer didn't like that too much so they took off. My brother followed the buck for a couple of miles then radioed to me to come pick him up.

On our way back to our initial glassing point we saw a couple of trucks on the road up ahead of us, with their doors open, parked in the middle of the road while the occupants were out running around firing there shotguns at "quail". I wouldn't be so upset because they can hunt quail as much as I can hunt deer but everyone knows theres not much quail in the area.

To top it off, as we pulled up and waited for them to move their trucks, one guy asks us, "....Any luck?" We asked who was varmit calling and he said that it was them. After informing them that they screwed us up on that stalk they had the nerve to say, "....Well, where did the buck go cause we brought our bows too in case we see any deer?"

This guy had his kid with him too. Great way to teach him the ropes. Not only can you hunt quail, but when you're bored you can varmit call and THEN if nothing comes in MAYBE there will be some deer around to chase. Maybe next time......

This guy sounds too stupid to have been called rude.

Amazing!

I'm with AZ4LIFE. You have to know what you are doing to try and be rude :blink: .

:lol: