Sign in to follow this  
Crazymonkey

Online hunters safety

When you sign up for the online  course  do you get a certificate  of completion  when your done? I've gotten  a few people  that have wanted  to put there kids in for the youth  giveaway  and want  to set some  kind of standard  so I can get  them in for the giveaway.  As I understand  that it's still  tough to get in for field days.  Thanks for your input.  Also thanks to all that do the hunters safety  classes .

You get a certificate saying you finished the online portion but you still need to do the field day to get the point and final certificate. I know for a while they allowed kids to hunt with just the online portion done but not sure if that's the case now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

I got the lifetime point by only completing the Ethically Hunting AZ online course. Not sure if they have changed requirements. 

That's for people over 18. 

1 hour ago, Coues247 said:

That's for people over 18. 

that's correct. 

I can only speak for the Ethically Hunting Arizona Course, but all you get is an email certifying you completed it and that you're awarded a lifetime bonus point.

For juniors they still need to complete an in-person training day.

10 hours ago, Coues247 said:

You get a certificate saying you finished the online portion but you still need to do the field day to get the point and final certificate. I know for a while they allowed kids to hunt with just the online portion done but not sure if that's the case now.

1000% correct. You get the certificate of completion of the online course.  That still needs to be carried at all times during a hunt as part of the current, still ongoing waiver process for online field days.  We're currently working on getting field days for online students up and running this spring/summer in Flagstaff.  Keep your eyes on the AGFD HE webpage every Tuesday for classes.  The instructor who typically sets up the online field days just sent an email today about a class in May, but we don't know if there will be enough instructors or not.  I'm in NM that weekend turkey hunting.  Once I know the exact date/time, I'll post it up in the forums so folks can keep an eye open.

• Like 2

Hunters under 18 have to take the hunters safety course. At the end of the online course they get a certificate of completion of the online portion of the course.

They are then required to do the field day to finish out the course and receive the final completion and get they lifetime bonus point. 

11 minutes ago, My Rights As An American said:

Can someone please tell me why the only available ARIZONA hunters field day for YOUTH is in Gallup,  New Mexico?

Probably because the guy running it is part of the tribal outfit that puts on HE in AZ.  I'm guessing he's setting up classes up there for tribal kids, but all classes right now have to be opened for everyone statewide.  He's a great guy.  I don't know why none of the other instructor teams aren't setting up classes, but the 13+ feet of snow in Flagstaff has kept us from doing anything.  That'll change once we get access to the NorAZ Shooting Range.

• Like 1

Thanks guys . I just wanted  to set some  rules  for the kids giveaway.  I didn't  know  there was still  some issues  with  completing  the program  . So I've adjusted  the rules  so as long  as the kids have completed  the online  portion  of the course  before  the last day  in August  and can provide  some  proof of completion  before  the end of August  they are good  to go .

• Like 1

We have been doing some version of a Field Day every month at the TriState Shooting Park in Fort Mohave, AZ (South of Bullhead City). Our next one is on April 16th, seats available. We just did a Bonus Point Field Test for adults wanting a bonus point, only 6 seats of 30 available were taken. The majority of our students are kids and adults from the Phoenix and outlying areas. Long drive for sure but there is a reliable class available. 

The deferment is ongoing to July 1, after that, kids will need the field day completed to participate in their hunts for big game.