Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Lees Ferry

2 hours ago, Green Bullet said:

What’s working best?

I didn't even ask what they were using, only looked at the pictures. One was over 20" gorgeous fish.

I have fly fished the ferry multiple times and have only ever caught rainbows and only seen rainbows caught. I don't think the browns frequent the wadable shallows and sand bars as much as the rainbows. I have seen photos and heard stories of brown trout being caught but most of them come from trolling lures. I don't think the fly fishing community would participate as much in the rewards program anyway, they are more catch and release and opposed to removing brown trout.

7 hours ago, Little Creek Calls said:

I have fly fished the ferry multiple times and have only ever caught rainbows and only seen rainbows caught. I don't think the browns frequent the wadable shallows and sand bars as much as the rainbows. I have seen photos and heard stories of brown trout being caught but most of them come from trolling lures. I don't think the fly fishing community would participate as much in the rewards program anyway, they are more catch and release and opposed to removing brown trout.

what time of year do you fish it? that might have some say in it as well, although I have no idea personally, haven't made my way up there yet.

Leave the darn brown trout alone. Over a Damm chub that doesn't live in that cold of water. Thats why I love fishing the green in Wyoming. Huge browns, and rainbows. Arizona trout are bait everywhere else. And I thought they were lowering the limit from 6 to 4 and the fish were gonna be bigger, and they don't plant fish that breed anymore. Sorry I like brown trout.

• Like 5

My BIL who is an avid fisherman and lives in Page says that some of his friends say there have been reports of small mouth in lees ferry now.  Warm water with the low lake level is the cause.  That would be detrimental to the river   

10 minutes ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

My BIL who is an avid fisherman and lives in Page says that some of his friends say there have been reports of small mouth in lees ferry now.  Warm water with the low lake level is the cause.  That would be detrimental to the river   

Walleye and Green sunfish too.

• Like 1