Sign in to follow this  
Sketchy Tom

Early vs Late Season

Just curious, does anyone find one season better than the other? Planning on heading out for the early season to 27, wondering if the birds will already be talking by then.

It’s warming up pretty good on the rim, yesterday was beautiful .   Snows melting fast. I think another two weeks they’ll be getting going pretty good .  Good luck, I may go out to call for fun myself.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Don't matter to me, I can't kill one no matter the season! 

100% agree but you need to take your kid...the most fun and success I've had is on the youth hunts in 27 and it's an OTC tag!

15 minutes ago, bigorange said:

100% agree but you need to take your kid...the most fun and success I've had is on the youth hunts in 27 and it's an OTC tag!

Oh he's been with before, and he's going with at the end of the month.... 

24 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

Does anyone have an update on Tom's starting to gobble? Imma head up north in 3b on Sunday just to call and try to get some photography of them

A friend had the first 3b tag or was scouting. He didn't see or hear a bird.

1 hour ago, UggRedBilly said:

Does anyone have an update on Tom's starting to gobble? Imma head up north in 3b on Sunday just to call and try to get some photography of them

No gobbles yesterday or today in 4b. Buddy of mine hasn’t heard any in 27 either 

42 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

he better have been scouting…

Must have been. I've had two spring tags in my life so I don't pay attention to seasons. He just asked me for a couple of spots to check. 

I was there a month ago and around Porter Moutain Rd and was seeing plenty of Jake's running around. I'll keep yall updated after I get back. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some sheds too!

We were in 23 this morning and had three gobblers talking.  Once came in to 70 yards, the other two just keep talking as they walked by but out of sight.  Headed back up Monday for the morning.  

• Like 2