Sign in to follow this  
Big or Bust

What's for dinner tonight?

5 hours ago, Big or Bust said:

Homemade King Ranch casserole from scratch...

nT28NDC.jpg

Never heard of it.  Does Google provide good recipes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

It’s like an enchilada casserole. I’ve been eating it my whole life but only ever heard it called king ranch casserole about a year ago.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Elk hunting now. I'll get recipe on my return....lots if ways so make it, some easy but from scratch is way better....

Pronghorn sliders on Sunday.  Home ground with 15% beef fat.  Tried them ‘White Castle’ style by smashing them on top of diced onions on the cast iron skillet.   Pretty freaking good.  😉 (Was almost done with my last one when I thought to take a pic… LOL)

IMG_4057.jpeg

• Like 6

Elk Tenderloin, mushroom pan sauce and mashed potatoes. Meat carried over temp more than I thought it would while resting but turned out fantastic. Was the son’s pack out meal request.

IMG_1154.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Elk Tenderloin, mushroom pan sauce and mashed potatoes. Meat carried over temp more than I thought it would while resting but turned out fantastic. Was the son’s pack out meal request.

IMG_1154.jpeg

Looks so good 

• Like 1

Dang nice setting for after packing it out. Looks good.

• Like 1

Killed a bunch of quail on opening weekend and ended-up trying something new.   (As expected, an outstanding Gambels year based on last winter/spring precipitation.  Limits. ;) )

Anyway, my GF is Filipina and suggested some of them get cooked-up Adobo style.  Ended-up as a pretty good dish.  Nice alternative to my usual grilling.   One thing that was a little strange was that she went to the Asian market and picked-up some quail eggs to hard-boil and add.   Typical Filipino dish with NO greens! LOL   No serving pics but was basically served over white rice, just like All Filipino dishes.

IMG_4064.thumb.jpg.48df058564a812154d8c025b050c56d0.jpgIMG_4061.thumb.jpg.e7f54b87a071509c1550908207858753.jpgIMG_4063.thumb.jpg.83f3b412b95795dde5424f199791ecb5.jpgIMG_4067.thumb.jpg.a401a4b84f99f0306fda82d9df7f2220.jpg

Final product

Ffinal.thumb.jpg.0c8ecc0c222de8187c2b774e80fb6795.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Killed a bunch of quail on opening weekend and ended-up trying something new.   (As expected, an outstanding Gambels year based on last winter/spring precipitation.  Limits. ;) )

Anyway, my GF is Filipina and suggested some of them get cooked-up Adobo style.  Ended-up as a pretty good dish.  Nice alternative to my usual grilling.   One thing that was a little strange was that she went to the Asian market and picked-up some quail eggs to hard-boil and add.   Typical Filipino dish with NO greens! LOL   No serving pics but was basically served over white rice, just like All Filipino dishes.

Final product

Ffinal.thumb.jpg.0c8ecc0c222de8187c2b774e80fb6795.jpg

So how hard exactly is it to peel those?

45 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

So how hard exactly is it to peel those?

Actually not that hard.  Just like peeling a normal egg, only smaller.

2 hours ago, stanley said:

Actually not that hard.  Just like peeling a normal egg, only smaller.

Which Market?