codyhuntsaz

Draw question

How would this hypothetical scenario play out? Say I put in for a hunt with 10 tags and end up being Guy 11 missing it by one. Then I get drawn for my second choice, but while the card charges are going on there’s a declined card in my first choice hunt. Would they go down the list and get to me (next man up on choice 1) and see that I was drawn for my 2nd choice, would that take me out of the running for my 1st choice hunt or would they revoke my second choice tag and award me my first choice, therefore opening up a spot in the second choice hunt that I drew. 

9 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I dont know that anyone really knows the answer to that.

I hate to say it but Casey is probably right.  I know in NV they spell it out in the regs and it’s 1st choice only for turn backs when they go to next in line.  Which actually brings up an interesting strategy as most people swing for the fences with their first choice and then work their way down to what they’d accept.  Had a good buddy get a turn back elk tag in NV this year and it’s one do the top units, but the later hunt, which he always puts as first choice because it works better for his guiding schedule.   Made me really think about it, that there were probably thousands of guys who’s name woulda come up before him but they all had the earlier hunts for first choice, or another unit that was slightly better then this one.  Makes me wonder if a guy might be better off just putting what you’re happy with as first choice and sending it?

2 hours ago, verdehunter said:

Once you draw, you draw, regardless of choice. In certain instances (bonus pass), people’s first choice isn’t even considered.

I know that, but I wasn’t sure how my hypothetical would shake out. Im still not sure. 

1 hour ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I dont know that anyone really knows the answer to that.

That’s kind of what I thought too. I feel like G&F would just pass you over since you drew choice 2-5, but in my opinion you should be awarded your 1st choice and they should redistribute your other tag. That’s a win for everyone. 

17 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

That’s kind of what I thought too. I feel like G&F would just pass you over since you drew choice 2-5, but in my opinion you should be awarded your 1st choice and they should redistribute your other tag. That’s a win for everyone. 

Agree but then where would it stop.  His second choice would then be available that was probably someone else’s first choice that was next in line that drew an tag and so on and so on.   Would be a nightmare for the G&F, so no I would bet it goes to the next person in line without a tag

• Like 3

Once you draw that's it. They aren't going back through and switching your tag. As someone mentioned, if they switch you then where does it stop? The next guy that should have had your 2nd choice tag would switch and it would go on forever. Now times that by however many people have cards declined and yeah no way azgfd is capable of that. They can't even figure out who gets the first tag let alone who would get a tag like that with people's tags getting switched.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, codyhuntsaz said:

In principle your right and I’ve thought about that one until my head hurt but I think it would be a bigger mess than it already is if they did that especially if they charge cards as they go. 

10 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

In principle your right and I’ve thought about that one until my head hurt but I think it would be a bigger mess than it already is if they did that especially if they charge cards as they go. 

It wouldn’t be any different than if the guys that get “reallocated“ were treated like their cards were declined, they would have to settle those tags regardless. 

Just now, codyhuntsaz said:

It wouldn’t be any different than if the guys that get “reallocated“ were treated like their cards were declined, they would have to settle those tags regardless. 

Who knows maybe this is what they are trying to do and that’s their malfunction? Seems like a mind screw to me! The whole process shouldn’t make us have to wonder what the heck is going on that’s for sure. Checked Chase again this morning and the pending charge that came in Wed at like 8p is gone out of the pending column and not in the transactions column either. Guess by Monday if it doesn’t show I’ll call Chase

25 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

Who knows maybe this is what they are trying to do and that’s their malfunction? Seems like a mind screw to me! The whole process shouldn’t make us have to wonder what the heck is going on that’s for sure. Checked Chase again this morning and the pending charge that came in Wed at like 8p is gone out of the pending column and not in the transactions column either. Guess by Monday if it doesn’t show I’ll call Chase

It’ll show, you’re good. Happens to a few guys every year.