Sign in to follow this  
W250

Awning replacement on travel trailer

Has anyone had an awning replaced on a trailer recently if so what should I expect for price. Or how big of a pain in the ### is it to do yourself?

Ez with two people.  1/3 the price of an RV service center  when I did it. Measure, purchase, install.

I replaced the awning fabric on my trailer a few years ago. I ordered the fabric from shadepro.net for a fraction of the price. Like other have stated, YouTube has several videos that will walk you through it. Having a friend there for another set of hands is a good idea but you could do it by yourself if need be. It's crazy how much mark up there is when paying somebody else to do it. 

Tracy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gr8 White Jr said:

It's crazy how much mark up there is when paying somebody else to do it. 

Nobody wants to DIY anything anymore. Friend of mine is doing part-time mobile RV work and said most of his calls are easy stuff that folks just don’t want to do. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Nobody wants to DIY anything anymore. Friend of mine is doing part-time mobile RV work and said most of his calls are easy stuff that folks just don’t want to do. 

Does he work on generators? That's one thing I don't know enough about to be attempting myself and I need some troubleshooting done and possibly repairs.

13 hours ago, Gr8 White Jr said:

Does he work on generators? That's one thing I don't know enough about to be attempting myself and I need some troubleshooting done and possibly repairs.

20 hours ago, Gr8 White Jr said:

Yes but I think he’s in CO now. I’ll check with him and make sure. 

I replaced mine last year.  Watched a couple of videos and it was relatively easy, 2-3 hours by myself. It required drilling out and replacing a few rivets.  A second set of hands would have made installation much easier when the awning needs slid back into  the RV track/rail. I just suspended the far end as I worked it into the track. 
Have a couple sturdy ladders set up when you reinstall.  

Always good to have a second hand. I’ve been doing it for a long time now and still haven’t found a trick to doing them by myself. Make sure to do  your research on if it has a spring or not. They are dangerous. An awning got me at work a couple days before my last archery elk tag 

IMG_7689.jpeg