Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Fire restrictions starting

Under Forest Service Stage 1 restrictions, fires, campfires, charcoal, coal and wood stoves are prohibited, except within a developed recreation site

Key words here " developed recreation site   "  once I arrive to a spot and setup, it is considered developed recreational site, thus camp fires permitted.  But we know some asshat or 2 will burn this place down

2 hours ago, n2horns said:

Under Forest Service Stage 1 restrictions, fires, campfires, charcoal, coal and wood stoves are prohibited, except within a developed recreation site

Key words here " developed recreation site   "  once I arrive to a spot and setup, it is considered developed recreational site, thus camp fires permitted.  But we know some asshat or 2 will burn this place down

Sorry, but I believe the legal definition of ‘developed recreation site’ doesn’t support your definition?

“Developed recreation sites and areas means sites and areas that contain structures or capital improvements primarily used by the public for recreation purposes. Such sites or areas may include such features as: Delineated spaces for parking, camping or boat launching; sanitary facilities; potable water; grills or fire rings; tables; or controlled access.”
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

Sorry, but I believe the legal definition of ‘developed recreation site’ doesn’t support your definition?

“Developed recreation sites and areas means sites and areas that contain structures or capital improvements primarily used by the public for recreation purposes. Such sites or areas may include such features as: Delineated spaces for parking, camping or boat launching; sanitary facilities; potable water; grills or fire rings; tables; or controlled access.”

This is correct

The ignorant shall prevail.  I can guarantee that even with the large LED signs that will be put up along the highways in multiple locations, some entitled dipstick will claim he didnt see them and plead ignorant.  There has been a Red Flag warning in Heber for several days this week, but the Fourth weekend crowd  will think its their privilege to  have a fire, by gosh!

• Like 3

Surprised it wasn't sooner.  

Monsoons about to start though so that's a plus.  Big storm went through eastern Cochise county apparently and it's starting to cloud up here now a bit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Surprised it wasn't sooner.  

Monsoons about to start though so that's a plus.  Big storm went through eastern Cochise county apparently and it's starting to cloud up here now a bit.

Send that stuff NW a few miles!

• Like 2

So I can't shoot incendiary rounds at tanerite this weekend in the desert?! That blows. 

1 minute ago, ctafoya said:

So I can't shoot incendiary rounds at tanerite this weekend in the desert?! That blows. 

Just not on FS land. 🤔

3 hours ago, ctafoya said:

Go do a baby reveal right next to what’s left of our border wall and pray for a southern wind. Send the migrants running south

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was thinking about that, but how dare I assign gender to a baby. 

• Haha 2