Sign in to follow this  
EagleEye

Anyone know how much govenors elk tag sold for

Hi everyone wroting a scholarship essay for school anyone know how much the govenors elk tag auctioned for this year. Also do they auction off all big game tags? Thanks in advance. PS Jan 1st just around the corner cant freakin wait!!

Just a reminder that all that money from those tages goes right back to the wildlife in AZ with habitat projects!!!

I say 'thank you' to those that buy those tags as the money is well needed in our state for conservation and habitat improvement.

cmc

I agree CMC. I know if I had that kind of money I would buy the tag. What's 195k for a dream hunt if you make over a couple million a year?

Wasn't trying to sound negative, sorry. I know its a good thing, goes back towards the wildlife and such. Just makes me sick someone throwing that much money out to shoot something. To each their own though.

-Jeremy-

195k is peanuts to the wealthy.

The average worker makes 36k. The average S&P 500 CEO makes over 14.2 million a year (x362 what most people make).

So to him, that is 1.36% his annual income. 1.36% for you n me is $489.60

With that kinda money I would hunt everyday for the rest of my life ;)

Well Since you are talking about the Auctioned tag ... does anybody have any insight to whats going on with the guy that got it ... there are several articles in White mountain papers talking about him losing his Bull and hunting privledges to Game and Fish after stalking His wounded Elk a lil to close to some homes up in Pinetop lakeside area .... Where ,with the Bull Laying one more Bullet was put in him to ease the suffering and Game and fish was close enough to hear the shot and respond... From what I have heard is that it was already wounded traked with the help of a hired guide service and put down and now the legal process has begun... Just wondering if anyone has any more insight

Well Since you are talking about the Auctioned tag ... does anybody have any insight to whats going on with the guy that got it ... there are several articles in White mountain papers talking about him losing his Bull and hunting privledges to Game and Fish after stalking His wounded Elk a lil to close to some homes up in Pinetop lakeside area .... Where ,with the Bull Laying one more Bullet was put in him to ease the suffering and Game and fish was close enough to hear the shot and respond... From what I have heard is that it was already wounded traked with the help of a hired guide service and put down and now the legal process has begun... Just wondering if anyone has any more insight

heres the article... sounds like this was a different tag or the one from last year, since the amount is different...

$135,000 elk ....