Ryan&Amy

Danny & Jose

Here are some pics from a good friend of mine and his son's 2008 deer.

Danny shot his deer the last hour of the last day at 581 yards with his 300 win. mag with one shot right through the chest. It is a small deer by Danny's standards but he knew it was a true four point plus eye guards and true for points are rare so he decided to take it. After he got to the deer he discovered it was actually a 4x5 including the eye guards wow what a horrible disapointment to find that extra tine!!!! ;) The deer scores roughly around 108" give or take a little but he is just probably being modest. :P

post-2268-1230698193_thumb.jpg

post-2268-1230698160.jpg

post-2268-1230698179.jpg

post-2268-1230698140.jpg

post-2268-1230698150.jpg

His son Jose also shot his deer the last hour on the last day. Danny found it bedded down while glassing. Jose shot him in his bed at 535 yards. The deer stood up and Jose shot again and nailed him. This deer scores right around 95 in.

post-2268-1230698448_thumb.jpg

post-2268-1230698490_thumb.jpg

Dang! I love extra in-lines! That buck is a "collectors edition" for sure, congrats to both hunters! JIM>

Small deer by his standards?? That's a toad! I'll take a 10 point in a hartbeat. Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pics and story. Happy new year!

Ernesto C

Congrats Danny on another couple of nice deer for you and Jose. It must be rough for you and Jose to have to settle for such little deer on the last hour of the last day of your hunts. Only if we could all be so unlucky ;) . Thank you again for all the help that you given Amy and I, we couldn't have killed any of these deer without you. thanks again.

:blink: WOW!!!!!!! :blink: