Sign in to follow this  
Flash

Lets see your coues mounts

PB170113.jpg

Who did your mount? That thing is awesome!!! Horns too of course. I see the award, how big is it?

PB170113.jpg

Who did your mount? That thing is awesome!!! Horns too of course. I see the award, how big is it?

Thanks Josh! A friend of mine actually did this buck for me. He only does it part time but he's really good. He takes his time and pays a lot of attention to detail. It took him about a year to do, but it was definatly worth the wait. I was a little nervous at first because this was only the 2nd Coues he's ever done! The buck nets 100 1/8. He barely made the B&C awards book. I know a lot people kill a lot bigger bucks on this site and don't put in the record book, but it was just such a special buck to me because it was my first Coues after hunting them for 8 years here in NM. I'll cherish it forever!

Thanks

Travis

You probably have an idea of what you want already, just had to throw this in. You should look at the picture on this sight from unit 6A. The guy has all of his mounts on the wall of his barn. Just about every pose you can find is on there.

post-1412-1232410544_thumb.jpg

all of these bucks were mounted by Clay Goldman including my nontypical Ill have to get some pics of it put in my computer so i can post it also

What's up with the 'yellow' in the ears of the top two bucks?!

all of these bucks were mounted by Clay Goldman including my nontypical Ill have to get some pics of it put in my computer so i can post it also

That is FEAR. :unsure:

They heard Extreme was after them ;)

That is FEAR. :unsure:

They heard Extreme was after them ;)

NO...... :rolleyes: ... it is because those were the obvious, standing in the wide open, wearing blaze orange ear shadow, ones he found before he really learned how to hunt coues!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, I'm still laughing!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AZ coues addict, from an anatomical point of view, your 2 coues mounts are the best on this thread by far. Whoever mounted them knew what he was doing. Correct ear butt and ear postion, skin taxied into the right postion, great work on the eyes, awesome fininsh work, etc.. Great mounts! They look great!

Casey, the yellow ears are from a lack of paint. A deer's inner ear, where the skin is bare or shows through the thin ear hair will turn yellow when its tanned. Once the deer is mounted and dries, it becomes more pronounced and noticable. Paint covers that and brings back a lifelike tone to the skin. Also, if the mount was hung in a sunny area of the house, the UV rays can/will cause that as well over time. The two deer in your question look pretty bleached out.. I would suspect that would be the cause there.. probably mounted awhile back and hung in a sunny area in the house for a long time.

Scottyboy - Thanks, Mark Plunkett did them. His shop always turns out fantastic mounts, the best around IMO. But I wanted the poster to think about what he really wants. You should go into the shops of the taxi and see up close what his work really looks like. Sometimes it looks great from across the room, but not near as good when you're 3 feet away. I'd rather have a basic mount that looks great than a fancy mount that looks good.

Casey - The lope is right at 16 inches. We named him Skinny on our scouting trips, due to lack of mass, combined with really long tines that just looked thin or "skinny" relatively speaking. Only green scored 81, but he's unique and impressive to say the least.