Sign in to follow this  
25-06

Yellow tail recipes needed

I was just gifted some yellow tail from my neighbor. Anybody have a recipe or two you'd like to share. 

In my opinion, yellowtail is best raw

serve with lemon, soy and sliced jalapenos 

• Like 1

How does it fry? Would it be a good choice for fish tacos?

I was thinking about frying it up and making Baja style tacos with it. Doesn't seem like many people fry it though. Guess I'll just grill it for tacos. Thanks for everyone's advice.

15 minutes ago, 25-06 said:

I was thinking about frying it up and making Baja style tacos with it. Doesn't seem like many people fry it though. Guess I'll just grill it for tacos. Thanks for everyone's advice.

Nothing wrong with pan frying it. I'd brine it with kosher salt and brown sugar for an hour or two then pat it dry and set it on a wire rack in the refrigerator for an hour while you mix up a glaze. Brush it on and let sit for 30 minutes or do and pan fry in on medium high. I have cooked it in a non stick pan that has slots in it ment for cooking bacon.

My brother smoked some and it was pretty good.... I think it can dry out really quick though... correct me if I am wrong for the people that know ..

I'm having ahi tacos tonight. Cajun rub, toss them in to just smoking olive oil and butter. 3 minutes per side. 1" inch blackened . Not sure about yellow though.

IMG_20230911_190859984.jpg

Broiled collars are great. Hamachi kama. Very easy to do and take no time at all. 

I love yellowtail. Probably my favorite fish to eat. You can cook it pretty much anyway you want and it will be good. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HyNoon said:

I'm looking for some good recipes as well.... cooked not raw please.

Pussy! Lol joking!!! A light sear on fish like that is the way to go if you’ve never cooked it. It’s still rare and it’s cooked. Add your favorite sauce and serve over a bed of greens. You won’t hate it.