Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

Lion Sign

While camped out on my pig hunt I discovered this the morning I was leaving to return home. Two of my friends shot pigs and left the cape, head, and ribs 20yrds. from our campers and this is a picture of one of them that got buried. It was only drug 10yrds. before it was buried with dirt and sand. I'm assuming it was a lion but I need some help with this one. Do bobcats do the same? We were leaving Tuesday or we would have put a trail cam on it. What do you guys think?

post-1903-1231443523_thumb.jpg

post-1903-1231443544_thumb.jpg

Wow! TJ, what are you old guys smokin' in camp???? Those look like camp rake marks..... :rolleyes: :P

I was unable to find a single track. To bad I didn't have dogs or I might have put my 09 tag on this critter. :)

TJ

don't look like any lion sign i ever seen. might be "liein'" sign. them look like finger marks to me. i've only seen one lion eat a pig it didn't kill. the pig died in a trap and the lion ate it the night after it was taken out. in fact i've only seen 2 pigs that lions did eat. they have a real rough tongue and i think it's too painfull for em to lick their butt tryin' to get the taste o' pig outta there mouth. also, i ain't never seen a lion hard up enough to dig up somethin' somebody else covered up. never even seen where i thought one got after another one's kill. when a lion covers somethin' up they drag it up under some brush and cover it with limbs and leaves and other vegitation. some dirt, but just what they scrape up with the other stuff. nope, that ain't no lion coverup. that's pure hooman bean there. Lark.

One of your buddies is having some fun with you. In that dirt there would be tracks.

Looks like granola sign to me. With just the right tuch of tree hugger added.

:) Probably an artsy lion that was afraid to leave any tracks. But the person that did that sure left plenty of footprints around the fresh rake marks. Time to start thinking about how you are going to dish out a bit of payback.

--Bill

looks like someone playing mind games with you may be trying to scare you, to me that looks like somebody did that by hand kinda looks like fingers in the sand.i dont think any cat or lion scoop sand from all around. from what i've seen they dig all around what there trying to bury

Wow! TJ, what are you old guys smokin' in camp???? Those look like camp rake marks..... :rolleyes: :P

+1

hehehe

If I hadn't witnessed it first hand I would have said the same thing you all are saying after looking at the pictures. :lol: A real good friend of mine has been on a few lion hunts with Steve Smith, well known houndsman from Round Valley, and he said it appears lion to him. He will show the pictures to Steve and see what he has to say.

post-1903-1231480469_thumb.jpg

This is a picture of where the javelina was drug from and the whatever pissed here and buried it. It was piled up like a house cat does but I distrurbed it before the picture. It was 28 deg. and that is why I think there weren't any tracks I could make out clear.

I don't think I was smoken anything? :lol: :lol: ;)

TJ