kwp

Releases

I have one of the cheaper releases that I got for Christmas and today it started to prematurely release. Did it three times in a row in the middle of my draw. Managed to bloody my nose ;) so I've decided I better get a new higher end one.

So what brand and model are you guys and gals shooting and what are their pros and cons?

Thanks

Oh ya,

what kinds of straps do you use, velcro or buckle.

I use a SCOTT model Wolf, it has the velcro strap. I've used it for around 7 years without any trouble at all and I have beat the crap out of it. They run about $70.

Scott is a reliable brand and I have heard good things about that release.

I personally have used a truefire for the last 8 years or so and have never had an issue w/ it. I would not recomment the walmart cheapy releases though.

get a scott, you can't go wrong with any of their models. I use velcro straps, they are all a double strap. you do not have to worry about them coming off. the trigger through is also adjustable,and you should adjust it to you. the ONLY good release is the one you don't EVER think about......

Maxim Stanislawski release (back tension). I have been fighting target panic for a very long time and this releas has helped me tremedously. It is hard to use but once you get use to it, it is a surprise every time you shoot it. They range from $80 to $100 and have only replaced it once. Target shooters use this type of release alot.

Arizonabowhunter

I use a Tru ball tornado and works just great. Trigger pull is adjustable and has camo velcro wrist strap.I also know that the manufactures are Christian`s and that means a lot to me! Good luck Coues Addict

I purchased a Scott Mongoose with the velcro strap about 13 years ago. I shot about 200 days a year for 10 of those years, and have not had a problem with the release or velcro. Last year, I got a Scott Itty-Bitty Goose with the NCS system and velcro strap. I like the lighter weight and strap attachment to the release head.

Doug~Red Rabbit

Scott is the only way to go. For those of you in the east valley, the Arjixona Sportsman is closing out its archery section and all accessories are 30% off, including releases.

I use a Scott mongoose with a buckle. I got it probably 12 years ago and have never had a single problem with it.

I support all the scott releases.I've had them over 10 years @ never let me down..I sent my little goose in 6 months ago to have it checked since it was over 10 years old.they put a new stap @ cleaned it up for $16.They made it look brand new.the $65 you will spend is well worth it.Its great to here that we have a christian archery maker I will have to check them out.. Jesus is Lord mike