Sign in to follow this  
Ernesto C

A KING from SONORA

I think that is every hunters nightmare.... shooting the wrong buck. A hard pill to swallow, but one each of us must be willing to take. Good for you and congrats on your buck! Hunts like that will make the fire burn even hotter till next year! ;) Thanks for sharing it with us!

Ernesto,

Sorry to hear of your taking of the wrong buck. I met a guy who mistakenly shot a small sickle horn desert sheep when the wrong ram rose from its bed behind a rock.

Doug~RR

Ernesto,

Sorry to hear of your taking of the wrong buck. I met a guy who mistakenly shot a small sickle horn desert sheep when the wrong ram rose from its bed behind a rock.

Doug~RR

Gulp! :blink: :blink: :o Man! That is a really bad one... like, the oops of a lifetime...... My heart goes out to that fella!! :blink: :(

Ernesto,

Very sorry to hear of your mistake :( , but it happens to the best of us ;). I cringed when I read that you left your binocs back at the quad! But everyone makes mistakes, and it sounds like you have a heck of a ranch that has at least 2 great bucks on it for next year. To make you feel better, a couple years ago my old man shot the wrong sheep on a Dall hunt in Canada. He had to watch as a Boone and Crockett sheep walked off after he shot his smaller buddy :o . I'd still like to see pics of your deer if you don't mind sharing.

he must have learned that from my old man :lol:

Ernesto,

Don't worry about it man! God willing, there will be a whole bunch more chances down there to redeem yourself. Congrats on your deer my friend. What about the King you were talking about before you left.

Ernesto,

Don't worry about it man! God willing, there will be a whole bunch more chances down there to redeem yourself. Congrats on your deer my friend. What about the King you were talking about before you left.

Matt, I never get to see "Alberto". There was another 4 X 5 but he was only like 103 inches, nothing close to Alberto.

I had/have two weeks vacation, I supposed to take my time not to pressure, look for Alberto or another big buck........actually I found a big buck but sucked big time :ph34r: .

The very first day I hunted, with-in 5 minutes of glassing I had a 105 inch buck 250 yards from me.....man it was hard to pass that buck with 5 inch eye guards; but decided not to shoot becuase I wanted to look/take Alberto.

Thanks a lot guys and I guess I'm not the only one ha? I will post some pictures once I get back from the ranch again this coming weekend.

Ernesto C

Keep your head up Ernesto, things happen, next year Your buck is going to be even bigger.

God Bless and Take care

Keep your chin up Ernesto...you still had a great experience, Hunting in Ol' Mexico!!!!! ;)

take care

+1, and last time I checked a 70's-80's coues was a real nice buck :rolleyes: , shot with a bow is a record book buck. At least you didn't miss, again ;) Great buck, no tag soup that trip ;) .Cheer up buddy. I've made worse mistake before. I havent forgot but know it was honest mistake, like U, no foul. Great story, great buck!!! We wanna see umm!

You still had a great time right? Once you've dropped the hammer you just have to be grateful for a safe successful hunt!! That deer will be there next year right?! AG

Ernesto - Too bad about shooting the wrong buck. You need to talk to Chris about that. He did the exact same thing two years ago.

I tell you though that some really great stuff...very exciting. Did you find all those bucks there on the north side where we found Alberto last year?

Again, great story! Sorry it didn't have the ending we were all hoping for.

Ernesto - Too bad about shooting the wrong buck. You need to talk to Chris about that. He did the exact same thing two years ago.

I tell you though that some really great stuff...very exciting. Did you find all those bucks there on the north side where we found Alberto last year?

Larry, there were several bucks there but they were like a 1/2 mile west from were you saw Alberto, including the 112 Randy missed at 80 yards.

How you did on your ranch?

Ernesto C

Larry, there were several bucks there but they were like a 1/2 mile west from were you saw Alberto, including the 112 Randy missed at 80 yards.

How you did on your ranch?

Ernesto C

We had a good trip. A good buck gave me the slip twice. Chris is headed back down this weekend and I will be going the following weekend. We saw lots of bucks. Seemed like all the bigger bucks were broken.

It was extremely hot. I can't believe we are huning in t-shirts in January.

One hunter and a member of this forum shot a buck this morning almost on the same spot were I shot my 108 two years ago. The rumor is that this buck has 8" EYE GUARDS and is pushing 113 inches.......I cant wait to se the pictures!!

Ernesto C