trphyhntr

Found an enormous deadhead (coues)

I glassed up what looked like a bone white tine, and to the left I could see a spine.

right after that I move my binos and glassed up a lion at last light. First one I’ve ever seen. 

went back the next morning for the head and I found about a 105” on the way to it. 

7246A5E1-8346-4136-BADD-0D3D910C7108.jpeg

C94994A3-80AC-4886-B5DE-ADA867EBBC23.jpeg

2AB6780E-A78D-49F8-810F-104754FE6FDF.jpeg

D21D1AFD-AFE7-49FE-A925-F6E49BADB12A.jpeg

EB3E5BAB-37D3-44B1-B397-09522D9AFEB3.jpeg

19E3DC85-5D7A-4686-B450-425E458EC0E9.jpeg

C69F9004-9CF4-4FFA-83B9-16C15651BF45.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Love 2
  • Wow! 14

Just now, muledeerarea33? said:

Holy sh!t!! Both of those are bad as$!  I’m not sure if the dead heads or the lion are the highlight? I’ve only seen a handful of lions but have never found antlers like that.

Yeah I was torn between shooting at the lion and just enjoying seeing one. Idk anything about lions but I could tell it was a big one

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

Yeah I was torn between shooting at the lion and just enjoying seeing one. Idk anything about lions but I could tell it was a big one

Same boat as you, never killed one but would like to. I’ve eaten them before and it is really good meat!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Same boat as you, never killed one but would like to. I’ve eaten them before and it is really good meat!

My friend killed one, I ate some and it was good.

Just now, AZ Free Man said:

Stuff of dreams right there.

Yeah. I know dudes call them participation trophies, but I’m mounting the mf’er for sure. 

That’s a great buck and an amazing find. Congratulations! Let us know the score when you measure him. He has a similar frame and tines to a buck a lady killed recently that I saw pics of. Another giant. If you get the chance, pull the trigger on the lion. Lots and lots of deer will thank you. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I read on here and was referred to from mogollon taxidermy, to call Steve stayner to color them 

Steve is my neighbor and good friend. He does good work. mostly replicas.  has some awesome stuff in his shop.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

Steve is my neighbor and good friend. He does good work. mostly replicas.  has some awesome stuff in his shop.  

Is he on the strip or something cuz the number I got for him goes straight to voice mail 

• Like 1

Score and a half. Big congrats. Seeing the lion is icing on the cake. Nice finds for sure.

• Like 1