Sign in to follow this  
mc68

A3

1 hour ago, ctafoya said:

I reported a helicopter in unit 1 three years ago for pushing elk over to 27 the day before early archery started. It' was G&F doing a "survey ". 

I remember you posting that and thinking it seems very odd that game and fish would do that during a hunt....

• Like 1

Oh they do. They used to cherry bomb the heard in 6a just before sun up. They said it was to keep from people shooting more then one if they didn't fall  immediately. Heards were about 300 strong. Sucked

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Oh they do. They used to cherry bomb the heard in 6a just before sun up. They said it was to keep from people shooting more then one if they didn't fall  immediately. Heards were about 300 strong. Sucked

Same thing in 4a north of the Butte, massive herds in the 90s

• Like 1

Not A3 but AZG&F has flown 5BN prior to the early archery elk hunt (usually the Tuesday prior to the opener) every year I've been there.  Looks like a 180 Cessna, a tail dragger.  Easy to tell where they find elk as there is usually some high performance/low altitude flying.  Not sure why the do it but they do.

20 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I’m tripping out on how you guys turned this thread from A3 being charged with crimes to azgfd flying to move elk?  

I’ve been thinking the exact same thing…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

I’m tripping out on how you guys turned this thread from A3 being charged with crimes to azgfd flying to move elk?  

It's A3 bro. They're Gods. They are free to do as they wish. 

A3 is so last year. We have moved on from that trash. Hang em  high

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Coues247 said:

It's A3 bro. They're Gods. They are free to do as they wish. 

Other than caption from the guys IG post I didn’t see where it said what they got in trouble for? 

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Other than caption from the guys IG post I didn’t see where it said what they got in trouble for? 

Online doesn't say any details other than game and fish violations so I guess no way to confirm for sure. Hopefully they're gonna hit them with some felony charges in superior court since it's a felony for anyone who assists another person for monetary gain with the unlawful taking of big game.

One of the a3 guides involved with the flying lost his guides license today for two years for driving his ranger into a wilderness area while guiding lol

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Coues247 said:

One of the a3 guides involved with the flying lost his guides license today for two years for driving his ranger into a wilderness area while guiding lol

Let me guess , hells gate?