AZcoues_addict

Arizona regulations / statutes

Can someone point me to a specific arizona regulation or statute?  I searched and couldn't find anything on the topic.  Maybe I glossed over it.

Can you be sobriety tested when archery hunting in Az?  Please keep the personal opinions to a minimum for sake of the information, no smart a$$ remarks, no it wasn't me either....Please just post the regulation or statute number, and wording or quote that is relevant please.  I already know you can't discharge a firearm.  But I'm talking about archery, no firearms involved.  No driving involved. Thanks.

Technically you don't have to ever submit to a sobriety test. Was he driving or just out hunting and they tested him?

Also a quick search of A.R.S and the hunting regulations there is no law or rule on the books regarding handling archery equipment while intoxicated (actually couldn't even find a law or rule that says you can't discharge a firearm while intoxicated but I'm sure that falls under reckless discharge or something similar).

Updated above to state no driving involved.  Just archery hunting.  I understand you never have to submit.  Just wondering if the ask for a test is beyond the regulations or not.

AZGF is law enforcement, and they  conduct the OUI for boaters.  Never really heard of a sobriety test in the field for an archer or a gun hunter that wasn’t driving, but…. You could probably sober up waiting for a breathalyzer to show up, since seeing a WF  in the field  so far and few between. Usually sheriffs or DPS unless you’re on a common waterway.

I've can't imagine being to hammered to hunt. Good luck on your quest.

• Like 2

Nobody was hammered.  Simply having their first when done hunting, passed with flying colors.  So much for the smart a$$ comments.  Thanks for contributing and assuming.  

I spoke to a AZGFD agent about this subject several years ago. He told me yes.you can be charged for using dangerous weapons while under the influence.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Edge said:

I spoke to a AZGFD agent about this subject several years ago. He told me yes.you can be charged for using dangerous weapons while under the influence.

Thanks Edge I figured as much.  Just curious if it was a reg, statue, or state law, and which / where?  Figured someone on here may know exactly.  It's obviously good practice and should always be followed no matter the situation, but that is another discussion.

ARS 13-3102 Misconduct with Dangerous Weapon

ARS 13-2904 Disorderly Conduct, Recklessly Handle Dangerous Weapon or Instrument.