TR0UBLE SH00TER

How's the AZGFD E-Tag app?

33 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

If there were more offices in AZ and they didn't have bankers hours of probably go for it but until they figure out the kiosks to much of a pita for guys that live too far from the offices..

This has been my biggest bitch with G$F lately. I haven’t had a lion tag in 2 years because they can’t keep their vendors in stock on the tag booklets! Every time I go in they say they’re waiting on the books. Maybe just coincidence but bs I’m not running all the way in to buy one at the office so I guess when I see a lion I’ll have to pass!😂 

5 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

And carrying a rolling of duct tape and a sharpie takes up less space? 

I though that was a joke. That’s real? 

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I though that was a joke. That’s real? 

I honestly thought for the guys that sign up that all you had to do was check the box on the app when you get into range. Apparently you have to still create your own tag in the field  probably with no signal so not sure how you get the validation code in that case? 

• Like 1

It has been super convenient for draw tags. Not worth the hassle to go to an office for the over the counter tags. If kiosks or online purchase off over the counter tags become available will be nice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZHOUND said:

It has been super convenient for draw tags. Not worth the hassle to go to an office for the over the counter tags. If kiosks or online purchase off over the counter tags become available will be nice. 

My guess is if/when OTC tags are available online they’ll only be e-tags…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sky Island junkie said:

I honestly thought for the guys that sign up that all you had to do was check the box on the app when you get into range. Apparently you have to still create your own tag in the field  probably with no signal so not sure how you get the validation code in that case? 

All the answers are here: 

https://azgfd-portal-wordpress-pantheon.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/archive/3.2.23-Tag-Modernization-FAQ-and-App-instructions-Combined.pdf

IMG_1245.thumb.jpeg.bd830b7564cd03c2d98eb1d7c3a739d6.jpeg

• Like 2

Personally speaking, I don't think it's a huge deal to use the e-tag. As mentioned in another thread, once we're able to buy all otc tags online and have them show up on your app, that will be great! Anytime I can avoid conversation with a walmart employee, that's a win. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Can I safely guess this is just a way for azgfd to save on stickers and postage? 

Yeah but they have all those ads all over the stickers so they lose that revenue…

1 hour ago, bigorange said:

Yeah but they have all those ads all over the stickers so they lose that revenue…

Doesn’t really matter if the tags and postage cost considerably more than what they get in advertisements does it? 

I don’t know that to be the case, but I would imagine it is 

Posting, printing, handling, etc. can be a BIG cost at scale, so yes, for sure there would be savings there.  

My guess though, is that it is because of that, and simply AZGFD modernizing with the times.  The whole world is going 'electronic', so there's that....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stanley said:

Posting, printing, handling, etc. can be a BIG cost at scale, so yes, for sure there would be savings there.  

My guess though, is that it is because of that, and simply AZGFD modernizing with the times.  The whole world is going 'electronic', so there's that....

"Modernizing with the times". AZGFD is stuck in 1999. Anything involving a computer they haven't gotten it right. 

I just helped a buddy put his tag on a nice coues yesterday. The printed ink on the tag was coming off on our hands... totally illegible. Yeah, they are saving money on ink now too... Ed F

• Like 1