TR0UBLE SH00TER

How's the AZGFD E-Tag app?

Definitely the wave of the future.  Most should try it, before you knock it.  Azgfd may be ahead of the curve on this one.  It could potentially, in the long term, save some $$.  I have no doubt, that in the future, you will be able to purchase otc tags online too.  That would be a huge convenience, especially for the guys who wait til the last minute.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Big Tub said:

PLUS we don't have a big, worthless sheet of meaningless advertisements.

But they get you on the long survey lol!

15 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

how is that any different than the same scenario with paper tag?

I was referring to the paper tag.

On 1/18/2024 at 10:56 AM, Curtis Reed said:

Seems like the same people who complain also complain about everything. 

Fixed it. 😂

• Like 1

I gotta admit the mention of E anything usually sends me into a tailspin. All this talk about technology saving me money has really fallen short in my opinion but hail I can't even set up a new router in my home to make my wifi faster so my live stream and computer can run faster and I don't even know what a router even really does.......so yeah, I'm gonna have to research this E-tag :) 

Can anybody even imagine this conversation if Lark was pounding keys?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I believe G$F is copying what New Mexico does. Lot of complaints about the app not working correctly (NM). Still baffled about having to tag it physically since it's on your phone. I guess it's so Wardens can tell whose animal is whose in big hunting camps????

Technology is here to stay. But there will probably always be an alternative but people will pick and choose based on the difficulty. Age really has very little to do with it. It's more about whether you are exposed to technology. I know plenty of techies who were building computers in the 80's when most of the people on here parents were in grade school.

Seeing all this hulabaloo about AI is comical. It has been going on for close to 30 years. If you know you know.

I’m not completely against the idea of the E tag but to me an “E” tag should be just that, totally electronic. I’m not sure how that happens? Maybe taking identifying pics and uploading to the app? I don’t know but this making our own tags out of whatever we have and affixing however seems like they don’t really care about the shenanigans that can happen in the field with tagged animals and more about saving money on postage and printing tags. 

• Like 2

Phone phone phone, your in the woods, tech free for me. I like peal and stick. The answer here is harvest information. No more power lines in the back ground.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for all of the responses!

We've decided to opt in to the E-Tag program for this Elk & Antelope draw.

I will update the thread with our experience, when we E-Tag our harvests!

AZGFD updating their website's portal with draw results a bit faster and them having

a better tool to calculate actual harvest numbers was the determining factor for me.