TR0UBLE SH00TER

How's the AZGFD E-Tag app?

7 minutes ago, BOWUNTR said:

"Modernizing with the times". AZGFD is stuck in 1999. Anything involving a computer they haven't gotten it right. 

I just helped a buddy put his tag on a nice coues yesterday. The printed ink on the tag was coming off on our hands... totally illegible. Yeah, they are saving money on ink now too... Ed F

Same thing happened to me, the tag was in my wallet and the ink was all worn off. I called G&F to get the tag number, etc. and wrote it on with a felt pen. He said it has happened alot.

26 minutes ago, ronk said:

Same thing happened to me, the tag was in my wallet and the ink was all worn off. I called G&F to get the tag number, etc. and wrote it on with a felt pen. He said it has happened alot.

I don't blame the IT guys for any of their computer issues... I blame their supervisor for allowing it to happen over, and over, and over... The supervisors supervisor should fire them all and outsourse to a reputable private company who does not accept failure. Ed F

20 minutes ago, BOWUNTR said:

I don't blame the IT guys for any of their computer issues... I blame their supervisor for allowing it to happen over, and over, and over... The supervisors supervisor should fire them all and outsourse to a reputable private company who does not accept failure. Ed F

Incompetence starts at the top.

13 minutes ago, wish2hunt said:

I have had problems peeling the backing off the tag. 

apparently you need tape to use the e tag. So no convenience gained there 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 9:43 AM, Sky Island junkie said:

And carrying a rolling of duct tape and a sharpie takes up less space? 

This year I wrapped a strip of tape around a lighter which I always have in my pack anyway and threw in a sharpie. Pretty lightweight and straightforward. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LifeFeedsOnLife said:

This year I wrapped a strip of tape around a lighter which I always have in my pack anyway and threw in a sharpie. Pretty lightweight and straightforward. 

Couple guys argument is that you can lose tags. A guy can lose a lighter pretty easy too. 

Ive always found tags to be a nuisance that's why I don't bother getting one.

~BC777

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Losing tags, losing lighters, having to wrap tape to 'tag' the animal with E-Tag anyway, etc......    I suspect it is likely that NONE of these nuances came into much consideration in the decision to roll this out.  My guess is that it was simply in the spirit of 'modernization' in line with the evolution of the entire world going to "E".

Can't stop progress (or perceived progress), guys! ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stanley said:

Losing tags, losing lighters, having to wrap tape to 'tag' the animal with E-Tag anyway, etc......    I suspect it is likely that NONE of these nuances came into much consideration in the decision to roll this out.  My guess is that it was simply in the spirit of 'modernization' in line with the evolution of the entire world going to "E".

Can't stop progress (or perceived progress), guys! ;)

money.

I was against the e-tag thing for a while until I tried it. It's a lot better than the paper tags in a lot of ways. I do have to carry a sharpie with some duct tape wrapped around it for the confirmation number. Never can leave your tag at home anymore! Been down that road a few times. It's pretty dumb I had to drive to a regional office to buy2024 OTC tags that appear on my phone. I literally left the office with just a receipt. It needs to go to buying tags online. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

money.

Likely that too.  In fact now that I think about it, that is likely THE primary factor.  At the same time, the evolution to E is inevitable and can/will help with the efficiencies being sought...

Same as with any entity (private or public), looking for efficiencies/savings is a perpetual practice.