Sign in to follow this  
Ed67

Recognize mountains?

South of I-10, probably a few miles west of Salome Road. No real reason I’m just wondering anyone knows the name of these mountains? They look rugged. 

8ECC7CED-8289-4CF7-A045-7A7CF81B27D5.jpeg

Thank you 

From Quartzite: Take I-10 east to the Hovatter Road exit (#53). Turn right onto Hovatter Road. After crossing over the canal, turn left onto an unmarked dirt road. After 1 mile, turn right onto YE005. Follow YE005 until it dead-ends at Pipeline Road (unmarked). Turn left and continue until reaching the natural gas pumping station. Drive around the north side of the facility and continue east on Pipeline Road for seven miles until reaching backcountry route YE013 (near the Wilderness designation sign). Turn right and park near the information kiosk.

Eagletails. Courthouse Rock plainly in view. Rode thru the wilderness for the umpteenth time last Thursday. Yes, bighorns galore and an aptly named Petroglyph Canyon.

On 1/20/2024 at 10:54 AM, AZBIG10 said:

From Quartzite: Take I-10 east to the Hovatter Road exit (#53). Turn right onto Hovatter Road. After crossing over the canal, turn left onto an unmarked dirt road. After 1 mile, turn right onto YE005. Follow YE005 until it dead-ends at Pipeline Road (unmarked). Turn left and continue until reaching the natural gas pumping station. Drive around the north side of the facility and continue east on Pipeline Road for seven miles until reaching backcountry route YE013 (near the Wilderness designation sign). Turn right and park near the information kiosk.

Way off topic, but let's see if I recall correctly.

Do you know what road is after Haveatter road when eastbound on I-10?

Sore Finger Road...

On 1/22/2024 at 7:38 PM, arizonian said:

Way off topic, but let's see if I recall correctly.

Do you know what road is after Haveatter road when eastbound on I-10?

Sore Finger Road...

Close, it's Hovatter road.

But if you take the Sore Finger exit and go north, just as you get out of sight of I-10, there's a rape tree on the west side of the road where there's room to pull over. If you've never seen a rape tree, it's  alarming, sad and enraging all at the same time. 

Go a little further up the road, stay to the right and you'll be driving through the cemetery of the ghost town, Harrisburg. 

On 1/24/2024 at 5:28 PM, Edge said:

Close, it's Hovatter road.

But if you take the Sore Finger exit and go north, just as you get out of sight of I-10, there's a rape tree on the west side of the road where there's room to pull over. If you've never seen a rape tree, it's  alarming, sad and enraging all at the same time. 

Go a little further up the road, stay to the right and you'll be driving through the cemetery of the ghost town, Harrisburg. 

My memory is failing me.

The tree you speak of, is that where the dad had to come and rescue...

Oh, never mind...