Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

Antelope 15 points

20 years ago my daughter drew 5B antelope tag #1 when there were only 5 tags issued.  She was 10 years old and only had her hunter safety point.  My baby girl turns 30 next week.

Miranda 2004 5B antelope.jpg

• Like 19
  • Love 3
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 2

1 hour ago, idgaf said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but  i think they're are both Sonoran and chihuahua sub species 

The five recognized subspecies are American pronghorn (A.a.americana, Ord 1815), Oregon pronghorn (A.a.oregona, Bailey, 1932), Mexican pronghorn (A.a.mexicana, Merriam 1901), Sonoran pronghorn (A.a.sonoriensis, Goldman 1945), and peninsular pronghorn (A.a.peninsularis, Nelson 1912)

Maybe Mexican?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

The five recognized subspecies are American pronghorn (A.a.americana, Ord 1815), Oregon pronghorn (A.a.oregona, Bailey, 1932), Mexican pronghorn (A.a.mexicana, Merriam 1901), Sonoran pronghorn (A.a.sonoriensis, Goldman 1945), and peninsular pronghorn (A.a.peninsularis, Nelson 1912)

Maybe Mexican?

I think so.  I must have been reading an old article from the Smithsonian that referenced chihuahua 

My father in law got drawn last year with 10 points. You will only have a chance of getting drawn by putting in. 

My wife and I are sitting at 15 also. It feels wrong to just keep putting in for BP's. 

• Like 1

You have to keep trying or hit Wyoming or Montana and enjoy a nice trip.

Yeah, an out of state trip would be fun. 

An out of state Wyoming trip does sounds fun.  Been there once before and killed on first morning on a very quick hunt.  I currently have 11 Wyoming antelope points and plan on an archery hunt in 2-3 years.  Anyone else building points in Wyoming?  I also have 16 elk & deer points.

Your way above what you'll need for archery. 12 points get a tag by Marbelton, big goats

7 hours ago, knothead said:

An out of state Wyoming trip does sounds fun.  Been there once before and killed on first morning on a very quick hunt.  I currently have 11 Wyoming antelope points and plan on an archery hunt in 2-3 years.  Anyone else building points in Wyoming?  I also have 16 elk & deer points.

I have 17 BP here in AZ for pronghorn.  My app was likely a $13 donation to AZGFD.

In Wyoming, I have 13 points for antelope since my last hunt there.  Last year's harsh winterkill has me pondering where to apply for rifle, or just another point while the herd recovers.  No guarantees that another hard winter will come while it's rebuilding, though.

• Like 1

Understood, as there prices increase also. Herd should be fine this fall.

39 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Understood, as their prices increase also. Herd should be fine this fall.

The NR Special license fee for antelope increased to $1200 in WY.  I suspect many, like me, will revert back to the regular license draw.  My thought is that it will be the fewer in number bucks that survived the 2022-23 winter will be targeted until this year's fawns grow up a few years in the west and southwest part of the state.

• Like 1

I have 22 here in Az and 11 in Wyoming. I actually put in last year, one of two out of staters with 10 points to apply for the tag, and I was the unlucky one. 

• Like 1

I have 15 for lope and son has 20. Our odds are still as bad as sheep odds