Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Trucks

I have one similar.  I currently have a 2020 XLT with the 6.7 diesel.  The pic you posted looks to be a gasser but if I can offer any advice I’m happy to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twigsnapper said:

I have one similar.  I currently have a 2020 XLT with the 6.7 diesel.  The pic you posted looks to be a gasser but if I can offer any advice I’m happy to.

I sent you a PM, thanks again for the info..................

Wasn’t on my 17. Glad Furd  could finally  figure it out.  Too bad they did every thing but  when I had mine, they  lost me forever with their denials .

Bought a 22 diesel crew cab long bed 4x4 and love it. The engine is proven, the 10 speed is very smooth and hauls like a beast. Mine is an XL too and feels like it has plenty of features. Only thing I envy is the auto fold mirrors on the higher end trims

mine came with chrome bumpers and remote start as well. I think it was destined to be a lariat but chip shortage or material shortage changed that 

• Like 1

Here is the real problem......this is what I drove for 20 years, then I bought a used F150turbo and it was just great until Ford couldn't figure out why it was overheating, I traded it in for a Ram 1500 Bighorn that does a great job pulling my 25' travel trailer but heading into retirement here next year I want to get set up for the possibility of a 5th wheel option to pull horses and a bigger camp trailer.

I remember shopping after that 79 Ford of mine......I had no idea what I was looking at and there was no such thing as a stripped down model with just a manual window crank :) 

IMG_7377.thumb.JPG.77dd81beb0e93c47e757d0be3147566a.JPGIMG_7378.thumb.JPG.2bd5b32e799b62f4680c0e48c39b9055.JPG

• Like 2

Do you still have the '79?

• Thanks 1

I have a 2022 XL f350, 7.3 gasser, long bed, quad cab, 4x4.  So far so good.  My first ford and first heavy-duty truck.   It has the same features plus some more as andyyy truck, so for a XL it's well equipped.  I mainly use it for hauling my 12k lbs 5th wheel, which it pulls just fine with the godzilla engine.  Towing capacity is 16k and has 3700 lbs of payload.  Let me know if you have any other questions. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 11:18 AM, Non-Typical Solutions said:

I do not................one of the biggest mistakes in my truck life!!!!

I feel your pain.  I have had two old broncos I wish I could get back.  A 69 and 71.  What was I thinking?

50 minutes ago, knothead said:

I feel your pain.  I have had two old broncos I wish I could get back.  A 69 and 71.  What was I thinking?

Biggest mistake I ever made as far as vehicles go was getting rid of my 69 bronco 25 years ago. Bought one last year for quadruple what I sold mine for in 98!