Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Sad anniversary

Rough day.

The man whom taught me to hunt, fish, never whine and by example; how to honor the women in my life, passed 5 years ago today.

He was old school, tough, unapologetic and worked hard for the family.  92 years young, WWII vet and still sharp as a tack. I think he had a pretty good run

• Like 24
  • Sad 1

Oh, if you're lucky enough to have your dad around,  give em a call.

• Like 8

Taking my 82 year old father up to Horseshoe Cenica Thursday and Friday. And again in 2 weeks. We talk about it all the time. Thoughts are with you Godbless

• Like 7

Heading up fishing with my dad this weekend, has always been my hero, although I normally can get a few more fish in the box!  I cherish every minute with my dad!  Thank you for the reminder post to take advantage of every minute.  

• Like 8

Lost my Dad last May! 5 days before he turned 98. I miss him every day. He will always be my number 1 Hero. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

That is awesome........98,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yeah he was pretty awesome. Fought through Europe and made through the Battle of Bulge! He was an Army brat and lived all over. He was Hawaii in the early 30’s and southern Az in the later 30’s.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mocha1545 said:

Yeah he was pretty awesome. Fought through Europe and made through the Battle of Bulge! He was an Army brat and lived all over. He was Hawaii in the early 30’s and southern Az in the later 30’s.

Your grandpa too, great family history, great Americans.

• Like 1

My parents are both still alive.  88 and 84 years old.  My dad still goes to the gym every day and gets around pretty good.  But I can really see the age now when I get to see them.  They are in Idaho and I am down here.  Definitely makes you think about life and what is important. I try to get up there every few months now.  And they were just here a couple weeks ago.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Your grandpa too, great family history, great Americans.

Thank you Tim. It is a great history. The treasures we found going through the house. Grandads WWI Expeditionary Forces ID card among other things. 
Not sure I stack up compared to them!

I have  a beer with my dad every Friday! He is going to be 83 in May. I can really see him aging the last couple of years especially this past year as my mom has been battling cancer & it has really taken a toll on both of them.

• Like 1

He lived a good life and contributed more than most to our country. Thoughts are with you. My dad made it to 87. 

• Like 3

Call your mom too just saying happens quick  Dads gone, sucks.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, twistzz said:

Call your mom too just saying happens quick  Dads gone, sucks.

Amen

Dad loved dogs, the only time I ever saw him cry was when our family dog passed.

He always spoke fondly of the begals he raised and bred, one in particular named Duchess. She had a knack of barking wherever she was when she heard her name called and racing back to him.

Just hours before dad died, he sat up looking out the hospital window and said Duchess was out on the grounds chasing a rabbit. Mom looked out the glass and said she didn't see her.  Dad said she's out of sight now but I hear her bawling, she's on the hunt. 

I can only infer that this was Duchess's turn to call dad home.

1289606827_Screenshot_20240321_090237_Google2.thumb.jpg.7e0210009081fc4ba66de9c1c1e261d2.jpg

• Like 6