Sign in to follow this  
Huntn coues

So far so good!

Well my 3 girls all have Javelina tags and we headed out late Friday afternoon to get to our

camp and was in a hurry to try to get some glassing in before dark. We had about an hour or

so left of daylight left so I pulled over threw my chair and tri-pod up and started to glass. Five

minutes into it I spotted this cat sitting on a boulder pile just 350 yards away :blink: so I walked

back to the truck and told the girls that I had a bobcat and who wanted to take the shot and both

Courtney and Ciarra both said I DO at the same time but Ciarra was saying it while bailing out the

front door of the truck with the 22 250 in hand :o so she was the one! (sorry Court :( )

Long story short she made a perfect 350 yard shot with a very small window because the cat

was sitting down facing our way.

The next morning we woke up to rain and wind :angry: not a good combo for piggys. Anyhow we

went out anyway and made the best of it. It was late that afternoon when I glassed up some javy's

and off we all went. We all made the long stalk in when Courtney spotted the walking sausages :rolleyes:

Courtney ended up shooting her 2nd Javelina that day.

Still have 2 more tags to get filled so we will be back up next weekend!

post-1274-1233104687.jpg

post-1274-1233104696.jpg

post-1274-1233104722.jpg

post-1274-1233104711.jpg

Who says you have to wear camo to hunt predators!!! :huh: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :P

Way to go Brat!!! That sure is a Purdy Kitty Cat!!! I bet he is gunna look real good in the trophy room!!!! ;)

Way to get it done on the piggy, Court! ;) Cold as ice, as always, I bet!! Proud of ya, Kiddo!! ;)

Ummm.... hey Kat??? I think Dad forgot to mention that if he would have let you shoot that one piggy you would have had one too...... :rolleyes: Way to Go, DAD!!! <_< :P You'll get one next time, Kiddo!! ;)

Who says you have to wear camo to hunt predators!!! :huh: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :P

Way to go Brat!!! That sure is a Purdy Kitty Cat!!! I bet he is gunna look real good in the trophy room!!!! ;)

Way to get it done on the piggy, Court! ;) Cold as ice, as always, I bet!! Proud of ya, Kiddo!! ;)

Ummm.... hey Kat??? I think Dad forgot to mention that if he would have let you shoot that one piggy you would have had one too...... :rolleyes: Way to Go, DAD!!! <_< :P You'll get one next time, Kiddo!! ;)

:ph34r: Woulda been a 40 yard shot :o My bad :(

Congrats girls. Tell your dad to buy you some camo. :lol: Rob him blind :lol: :lol:

First of all let me say you have one good looking family there Troy. 350 yards and on a bobcat to boot. Awesome job Ciarri. In all my years I yet to take one and my hat is off to you young lady. I can't even see that far. :lol: Congratulations to Courtney as well on her pig. Thanks Troy for sharing their success with us and good luck next week and keep us posted how it goes.

Great job girls. I know your Dad is one proud papa. :D

TJ

Can't believe I missed this post!! Thanks for bumping it blank!! VERY cool story! VERY cool pictures!! VERY cool memories!

My little girl will be 10 in May. I just put her in with her two brothers for her first youth elk hunt this fall. She can't wait!!! I'm gonna show her this post when I get home for inspiration!!!

Congrats!

S.

:)

Yes, very cool!! Gorgeous cat and congratulations to all the girls for being out there and hunting!

"but Ciarra was saying it while bailing out the

front door of the truck with the 22 250 in hand "

Wow, talk about predators!! Those little girls are on it!!!

Amanda

Well Caitlin smoked up another Javy!

We started out glassing Saturday and I glassed up some piggy's quite a way's out and I made a call to My friends Ron aka...(blank) and GJ.

Gj is just a lurker so he does not have an aka...LOL. They showed up and got em in their glass and me and Cait were off. Long story short by the time we got there thad had moved into a brushed up bottom and when I finally saw them they were only 10 yards away :blink: :angry:

So after the chinese fire drill we had the long walk back with no piglet :(

We did get into some later that day and she made a perfect LONG range shot right between the eyes :o And when I say long range

I'm talking 20 feet!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: A friend of ours got it on video so as soon as I can get my hands on it I will post it up.

As far as pics I am having issues so maybe Gino can post it up for me.

Here you go, Buddy! ;)

Here is Cat's piggy!! Congrats, Kiddo!! :D We so proud!!! ;)

post-996-1234397597.jpg

You all should know that when you read about the adventures these girls have in the field with their Daddy, that these are not your average girls!!! I am so proud of the hunters they are and that I have had the honor of spending time with them in the woods!! We Love you Girls!!!! ;)

Ug & Tina