Sign in to follow this  
forepaw

LIIMITED ENTRY DRAW NOW OPEN

Anybody know anyone who drew from this last year? Or is it the 1st year of this?

59 minutes ago, DUG said:

Anybody know anyone who drew from this last year? Or is it the 1st year of this?

This is new this year.  Testing the waters.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, forepaw said:

This is new this year.  Testing the waters.

They’ve done this for atleast one year, may even be two years now.  I think twice a year they do it.  They’ve changed up the dates and the units a bit but the idea has been around a couple years 

• Like 5

I think they are planning to do a spring and a fall round now. Last two years has been in August application with winter hunts, I think with 12 tags? These are 6 new hunts and tags. A friend drew a coues tag last year. They went guided and had a bad experience.

Makes you wonder how far this can go, how many tags can they auction each year down the road 20? 50? 100? I do have a problem with them saying these hunts have no population impact. It’s low, but not zero. If 1 tag has zero impact then 150 tags has zero impact, see how that math works? They haven’t done a strip tag yet but I’m sure they will eventually or at least they are tempted to, but maybe will stay away from that because of the lower tags offered there.

17 minutes ago, Sneaker said:

I think they are planning to do a spring and a fall round now. Last two years has been in August application with winter hunts, I think with 12 tags? These are 6 new hunts and tags. A friend drew a coues tag last year. They went guided and had a bad experience.

Makes you wonder how far this can go, how many tags can they auction each year down the road 20? 50? 100? I do have a problem with them saying these hunts have no population impact. It’s low, but not zero. If 1 tag has zero impact then 150 tags has zero impact, see how that math works? They haven’t done a strip tag yet but I’m sure they will eventually or at least they are tempted to, but maybe will stay away from that because of the lower tags offered there.

Strip tags will come after they get rid of auction tags.  These will replace the auction tags at the expense of more animals killed, but a remote chance for everyone that buys them vs a single high dollar buyer.  

29 minutes ago, Newbie2012 said:

These are not new.  They were first offered in December 2021.

Thanks for the corrections,  Based on the way the subject was presented at the commission meeting in Dec.? it sounded like a new program.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sneaker said:

Who said there was no population impact?  I didn't read that in the G&F release.....

51 minutes ago, Sneaker said:

Take a look at how many tags Utah raffles off and there's your answer.

200+

• Like 4

It’s in their second bullet point on all their stuff. It actually reads “insignificant impact”, so I should tone it down with that wording criticism lol. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DUG said:

I know the guy who drew the antelope tag last year……so I guess it’s real.  😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOHNTR said:

I know the guy who drew the antelope tag last year……so I guess it’s real.  😁

Any details of his hunt you could share? Was he successful? He get a good buck?