Sign in to follow this  
GRONG

lion pictures

I'm thinking weight wise 110 max In 40 years the heaviest lion that I ever caught, since I weighed it was 155. Guts and all. That was just a couple weeks ago. I do hear of 200 lb lions though. I think the next closest was 151 and then really down hill from there. Mostly 100 lbs avg on the adult males and 65-70 on females. I have never caught what I hear called, "a typical 90 lb. female" but there are a whole lot of guys that have seen more lions than I have.

Well said, Randy! I always thought a Big female was 80-90, in AZ.... :rolleyes: Ya'll got big ol' tom for sure!!! You guys have sure found some Great cats in the snow this year!!! Congrats!!!! ;) I Love hearing about a good plan coming together! Thanks for posting up the story and all the pics.... Just Awesome!

My weight estimate is #135. "nice tom"! Punkin head!!!

Your pictures are bringing back a lot of memories!! Let me know if you ever need an extra guy out running roads, I would be glad to help.

-Whitey-

A big congrats to Randy, Andy, the dogs and hunter. You guys know how to get it done. Awesome tom for sure!!!!

Wow, I say Dogman showed his amazing understanding of lions on this hunt! Very cool. Nice work Dogman, Andy, the dogs and hunter! Thanks for taking such great pics and sharing the adventure with us.

Amanda

Andy and Mr.Epperson, Great story, GREAT JOB. You guys keep gettin it done. I'd say 110 is probably pretty close, he looks to be extremely healthy but not very long. Congrats again, your making me jealous I can't find a trailable track down here.

BTW this made me laugh, "I have never caught what I hear called, "a typical 90 lb. female" but there are a whole lot of guys that have seen more lions than I have."

Beautiful Cat !!!

He looks to be right around 90-95 Pounds, but I am no expert on Cats.

congrats to you guys and the dogs.

I was able to go along on this hunt. My brother was the hunter. Randy and Andy did an awesome job. Their knowledge of lion hunting showed that day. It was a long day but a success. Thanks Randy and Andy for you work. The day was awesome and of course I have been pluging your Outfit to anyone that will listen.

I am going to get a green score on the skull tonight and post what I get later.

Thanks again.

Eric

Hey wait a minuet... I know the hunter....!?!?!

oh now I'm going to have to call him out on this one and him not letting me know he was lion hunting.... :)

Congrats guys on a great cat.

cmc

I was able to go along on this hunt. My brother was the hunter. Randy and Andy did an awesome job. Their knowledge of lion hunting showed that day. It was a long day but a success. Thanks Randy and Andy for you work. The day was awesome and of course I have been pluging your Outfit to anyone that will listen.

I am going to get a green score on the skull tonight and post what I get later.

Thanks again.

Eric

Hey Eric I met you at my Dad's that night you guys got him. Did you ever find out the weight on that dude? I hear you got some great video too, can't wait to see that one of these days. Nice meeting you!

They had to piece his weight together. I found out yesterday that his weight was about 120. That was weighing everything seperate. A nice lion. It is amazing how much meat was on that guys head. I have done a few lion skulls before but none from up north like that. I took off a pound or more meat from his melon.

Andy also has good video. It was good meeting you and your Dad. I know we will see you guys again. The hunting world is small and tight knitt.

Eric