Sign in to follow this  
Gr8 White Jr

Ammo shortage????

Sunday I went to Sportman's Wharehouse to pick up some more rounds for my .270, 22.250 and my friend's 30.06 and they were cleaned out on ammo. I was a little upset because this was the same case when I went there to buy ammo just before Christmas. I was thinking that they hadn't restocked their shelves fully in the last month and a half. When I said something to the guy behind the counter he told me that since the election they can't keep it on the shelf. He said there are people waiting there and taking it off the shelf as they are puting it on. I went over to Walmart, same thing, empty! The guy there said when they get it in and it lasts less than an hour. I then went to Dick's Sporting Goods. Empty!!! Same story from their employees. I eventually found some ammo for my .270 and my friend's 30.06 at another Dick's but there shelves were very bare as well. I know some other members on here have been experiencing this as well. Just wanted to get everybodies opinion on what is going on? :unsure: Is this happening everywhere?

-Tracy

I was at Cabelas yesterday to get some 223 ammo. They did have some but they were out of several calibers of ammo like 380's. The shelves were thin on alot of other calibers. People were buying several boxes at a time. I got 200 rounds and the guy ahead of me got 500. Try to order ammo online is just as tough. I had some 223 backordered from Cabelas for 5 weeks before they were availiable. Trying to buy a semiauto rifle is tough- there aren't too many availiable. I got my Mini-14 at the grand opening of Sports Authority in Goodyear just before Christmas- they had 1 only and said their next one in was due in June because of the demand. People are concerned with the Obama administration and the people he has brought in to his inner circle- definitey anti-gun. He promised he wouldn't mess with our guns but with the people he's selected it's almost a sure thing that they will attempt to reinstate the Clinton policies we had to deal with during that administration. We need to get everyone we know to join NRA, GOA or SecondAmmendment Foundation and put up a united front for what is going to be some difficult times for legal gun owners. They're coming and you better be prepared! :ph34r:

I'm all stocked up! I think I'm good for a few years. Glad I bought all my reloading supplies last year!

I think they will probably go after the ammo end of it first, then start make new laws to affect only the honest gun owners and the thugs will be able to commit more crimes just like down under!

Ammo has been in short supply the last few years, but the election really finished it off. Your best bet is over the internet. Good luck!

Mark

Your only problem is you went to Sportsmans warehouse. They haven't had anything since November of last year. I have been buying most of my stuff from the internet and Cabelas. I haven't had any problems. Every year in January and Feb. stock is down but with this economy I don't think the stores are ordering very much. Most of the wholesalers I talk too say they have plenty of stock it is just that the retail stores aren't ordering it.

David

Were on line. I used to orde from cheaper than dirt and they are sold out of the ammo everyone is looking for. I would like to find some on line.

Same story for me. Get it while you can....I too was disappointed in SW. I specifically went there to give them the business, ammo shelves were empty.... I spoke with Cabelas and they said it is best to order it online and have it shipped to their store. They will call when its in. Its the only way I could find bulk ammo for 9mm caliber. It looks like ~ a 2 week wait to get it.

There is a gun show coming i will be in line way early and head right for the ammo booths to buy all i can fit on a hand truck.

I suggest taking up reloading as a hobby ;)

Loading components are just as hard to get.

I just bought 1000 7MM bullets to have them.

Hawkeye sounds like you have a real problem with Sportsmans Warehouse, so you know their buy out could not have come at a worse time. But i will stick with them, there prices are low and I think there customer service is great. They are getting shipments on fridays and I have seen it, if you are not there with the bottom feeders going through shopping carts and boxes, you probbaly won't get anything. I want Sportsmans to stick around for along time they donate merchandise and giftcards to conservation groups and sites like this. I would like to Thank Obama for saving the economy through guns and ammo sales. To heck with the housing market.