Sign in to follow this  
GRONG

Look only if you like brown bone........

Found a nice bull 2 saturdays ago and went out this past Saturday to see if he'd dropped yet. Glassed a lot of bulls up and a couple slick heads so I snuck above the elk to get around them and do some glassing for the sheds and ended up walking right up on them ontop the ridge!!! Couldn't believe it!!! Probably the best brown set I've ever found at 360".

post-3-1236748039_thumb.jpg

post-3-1236747789_thumb.jpg

post-3-1236748342_thumb.jpg

post-3-1236748855_thumb.jpg

Let the games begin!!! ha!!!! nice find!!!!

You are the KING! My hat is off to you young man. :D

TJ

360? That's the best set you have ever found? That ain't nothing!! Why don't you find some BIG elk!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL!! Just kidding!

Always great to see what you are finding out there Josh!!

Amanda

are you cheating some how?

I think the bull just decided he'd rather give you his horns than suffer you dogging him for the next two weeks... :P

HA!!! Tyson you're a riot!

You're right Amanda it's not my highest scoring set but it's the best brown set I think I've found so far as far as nothing broken and highest score. Got a few non-typical singles and sets that are quite a bit bigger though just not lucky enough to come across them fresh like these.

All sheds are cool but a matching set of freshly dropped sheds is freakin' awesome! Congrats on your find! (And they look like they belonged to that bull in the pic. Do you think your sheds were off that bull?)

They were about 45 yards apart I'd guess. After dancing a jig and pumpin my arms in the air like watching a favorite team score a touchdown I found the match about 15 seconds later.

And yes I guess I should made it more clear, the sheds DEFINITELY came off that bull, that's why I posted the picture of it.

I can not wait to get back out there. Glad I'm not in a way cause I know there's a lot of other bulls that need to shed still and I don't want to push them out. I'll be out there in a day or so just easin around and doing a lot of glassin first before I do much anything else.

Thanks for lookin!

Nice work Josh!

I hadn't really thought about this till now (probably still in shock): *cross your fingers* a wet year again this spring and summer, and that bull could go HUGE!

Awesome job Josh! I have to wait until some of the family things are wrapped up on Saturday but then I'm off for the hills for three or four days so we'll see what I can find. Good luck when you get back out there.

Phil