stanley

Junior Turkey Hunt Next Weekend!!!

I'll be up in 23 with my two sons and a couple of friends with their sons next weekend for the junior turkey hunt. Can't wait!!!!!! :lol: :lol: Terry, we're hoping to get by the youth camp for a visit!!!!

Has anyone heard any gobbling lately? Are they starting to warm-up a bit? We'll of course be out in the woods either way, but I'm just getting curious as to what's been going on.....

S.

:)

They are gobbling good in 3C, also in 24A. Gobbling at nearly any noise they hear. Turkeys I have seen are still in big bunches. 8-9 gobblers with 20-40 hens. Look for them to be breaking up into small groups real soon.

Thanks for the report from up north Brian! I'm hoping for a good weekend with the kids! Pretty nice that they get first crack at them before the general hunt!!!! ;)

S.

Standman- You the man with the Goulds Tag- Right on! I was hoping for one..but will have to wait! Enjoy your hunt!

Good Luck to all the Jr's Clucker chasers!

Azp&Y

Thanks Chef! The camera & guitar will both be packed for sure! Along with the camo!!!

I just hope I can get those wiggle worms to hold still long enough to get a gobbler in! ;) Either way it will be a good time....

S.

Standman- You the man with the Goulds Tag- Right on! I was hoping for one..but will have to wait! Enjoy your hunt!

Good Luck to all the Jr's Clucker chasers!

Azp&Y

Thanks. I am getting excited. Have a junior hunter to take for a tune-up before my hunt. We will be up in 1 and 27. Lots of fun to be had in the next few weeks.

Here is a link to a little story I wrote of the junior hunter my brother and I helped out last year. Should help get the junior hunter's ready to go.

http://www.azgfd.net/hunting/hunting/junio...tom/2008/08/29/

Is this Juniors hunt deal the Weekend of the 17th-19th??? :huh: For some reason I had it in my mind that it was this coming (Easter) Weekend.... :rolleyes:

?????? :rolleyes:

Start's next weekend, the 17th! Easter is for hunting eggs I suppose..... ;)

S.

PS: For those that don't know, the junior turkey tags are OTC starting this year. What an AMAZING opportunity to get the kids out for a good quality 'big game' hunt! With two boys of age already and a sweet little girl turning 10 next month, I don't know if I'll hunt turkeys for myself for several years now! ;) Sitting in a blind with the children is WAY better anyway though!!

i will be going out. probably try to get one with my bow until my friend gets his first big game. will be my third turk so i am excited. going to video our hunt. will post it for sure