Sign in to follow this  
GreyGhost85

Rage Broadheads

My X-Force spits my hunting arrow out at 325, not quite 350, but I would think it would be close enough. Shuttle T's fly like bullets out of my rig, no difference between the shuttles and my field points. I have a lot of buddies who swear by slick tricks, same thing with them, fly exactly like your field tips, even at faster speeds. Both are very sharp out of the box and will stand up to bone.

I definantly agree with everybody about fixed broadheads be better on bone. but the rage are not losing much penatration if any! if you know how to correctly tune a bow for fixed broadheads i think you will do good with most heads but ive seen two many good out comes out of the rage to not think the bads were just bad shots. my2 cents. couple pictures added the bull weighed in at 535 lbs hanging meat with a complete pass thru. post-2288-1239679843_thumb.jpgpost-2288-1239680427_thumb.jpg

Aint nothin wrong with those holes!!!!!!! :blink: I use the Montec, I tried shuttle t's and they didnt wanna fly straight for me. Every bow will shot something differently. Definately dont like the idea of mechanicals going wrong or hittin bone. But, if you put it in the boiler room and it works mechanically right....Look out!!!

if your getting 350fps plus pm me and let me know how your doing that. :huh:

fixed cut on impact heads all the ;) way elk are too tough to plat games with.its what will a head do on a "not so perfect shot" that is very important.

heads like:

slick trick: razor tricks

steel force: phat head

muzzy: mx phantom

magnus:stinger

grim reaper:hades

all bad elk medicine.

get a hold of grim reaper "myth busters" dvd and watch what the rage does when it hits a steel drum

....junk for elk

azmeat

I shoot the Rage's and I love them. One shot at 13 yards absolutely RUINED the big bull I shot 2 yrs ago. He went just over 175 yards and died REAL fast. Talk about BLOOD! Sweet mother! Looked like you poured it out of a 5 gallon bucket. Killed my 100" coues buck Jan '08 with one too, he went just over 100 yards. I'll keep usin them no matter what the nay sayers say......

I have not used Rage on an elk so cannot comment how it will do on an elk, but I have used them on smaller game and they did the trick.

I had trouble with the blades "deploying" from taking the arrow in and out of my quiver, when your in the heat of the moment, its not good to worry about the blades (I did not have a mechnical quiver). I "wanted" to try them so I did, they fly great (but I have never had a broadhead that didn't), I will not use Ragebroadhead anymore because of the blade issue (unless I get a smoken deal on them, and would not use them on elk).

I have killed one elk with Magnus Stingers and two with WacEms all three were complete pass throughs.

I would like to try a couple of new broadheads: NAP BloodRunner and the Smoke Broadhead.

Redman

After 14 years of Unit 1 as a first choice finally drew the tag also. As far as the Rage Broadheads, saw them in action last year and was sick with their performance on angled shots and rib hits. Magnus Snuffer SS 100Gr out of my Reezen shooting 293fps. Shoot like darts to 40yds! That's all I need.

I have had friends and family use the Rage on Elk and that was enough for me to know that I won't use them. I did not like the penetration.... if they hit any bone at all they may not kill the animal in a quick manner. I would recommend large cutting diameter, fixed, three blade heads... I like the Thunderheads, or Muzzy 3 blades. Elk have long hair that can quickly clot the wound making blood trailing difficult. As mentioned before, shot placement is critical! Aim below the middle!!! ;)

didn't you say one time, friends don't let friends use RAGE. the two inch rage did work good on my deer this year. IAM BACK, INK13

P.S. i have a new puppy that will bite your butt if you come around.

post-2340-1240919024_thumb.jpg

didn't you say one time, friends don't let friends use RAGE. the two inch rage did work good on my deer this year. IAM BACK, INK13

P.S. i have a new puppy that will bite your butt if you come around.

I'm guessing I'll have to bring 2 pork chops to pass through in the dark now??? :rolleyes: :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

Friends shoud at least warn friends not to use them!! ;) Jeremy was using Rage on his big buck (they worked awesome!) and I think for lighter boned critters they are great... but on elk??? I'm thinkin' not for me.

just throwing in that i just fought crossbow with 350fps+ and read much feed back on archery talk crossbow area for super fast flight rage recommended due to many mechanicals openin during faaast flight.. doubt they were hunting elk, i have killed elk with mechanical snyper from the past and wounded elk with fixed steel foce with bad shot placement. i am totally cool with mechanical on smaller game, maybe fixed for elk. i love steel force. i am going to try out 3 blade rage this fall. turkey and coues. maybe my bull also ?? good luck on hunt.

I have heard horror stories of expandable broadheads. I have always used montec G5 and never had a problem.

Has anyone heard or seen the new Carbon express broadheads?? They are called the F15 - and seriously looks like a F15. The archery shop I went to said it flew just like his field point and the damage is unbelievable. pretty interesting

Why is it always, Rage or Fixed, There are plenty of good mechanicals that will not deploy in your quiver. 15 dollars a broadhead! Why not melt gold and attach it to your arrow. Rage is the most overhyped head yet. If you want to use mechanicals try rocket steel heads they win penetration tests against fixed blade all the time and the exit wound will look like the rage"s entry wound. The key with the stealheads is you will likely have an exit wound not too sure about the rage. If interested I know a web dealer that will sell you a pack of 12 for the price of 4 Rage's. If my math is right that is three times cheaper, but the TV guys don't use them.

Bob