Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

One of the worst types of posts to make...

Unfortunately, I must make one.

One of our dogs, Dusty was put down today. Dusty was a shephard/??? (chow possibly) Mix. She followed my little brother home from school one day and was looking in rough shape so my parents gave her food and water. She spent the next three days hanging out in our front yard, eating breakfast and dinner and drinking like a normal dog. It was at that time, my parents decided to make her a part of the family. (This was after she ate one of my skulls I had just cleaned). She started out slow, not really showing much interest with being part of the family. Slowly, but surely she warmed up and was a normal dog. She actually turned into a pretty good dog. Very calm, great with kids but always wanting to protect us from anything there was.

Since the time I have left home, she had developed a tumor on the right portion of her head. Today, after several weeks of debating, my parents decided to put her down.

She was a great dog and will be missed. She, truely is in a better place as she is no longer in pain.

I will try and get some pictures as soon as I can.

RIP Dusty Roads

Sorry about the loss to your Family Casey.

Take care and God Bless you and the rest of your Family.

Sorry to hear about that Casey.

I wish more people were as honest and loyal as a good dog.

Your parents did the right thing.

I fear the day when I lose my little buddy.

Sorry to hear about your loss Casey. I know how you and the rest of the family must feel. I had to put 2 labs down and a cat that was over 20yrs old. It's never easy. They do become family members and my heart goes out to you and your family. :(

TJ

I know how it feels. I lost my 12 1/2 year old german shepherd to cancer on Feb 1st of this year. He was the best dog I ever had. He would touch my face at night just to know that you were there. He's barried in my yard.

I got two more German Shepherds. Both were pups and both 4 months. One of them is very lucky to be with us. Long story......

They have an acre to play so I rescued the second one. She is beautiful with a long coat.

They say time heals all wounds. I wouldn't say that. I'd say you were lucky to have such a dog. If you have a another so good, then you're a lucky man indeed.

post-2405-1240026743_thumb.jpg

Sorry for your family's loss. I've had to put 4 Labs down over the years and it never gets any easier. Especially when the 4 year old says "Daddy why are you crying?" Hopefully when you are ready another one will come along and be a part of your family again.

It is not a Dog you had to put down it was family. Been there 3X. Take care