Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Unit Jumpers?

Any unit jumpers out there?

With the regs out and apps due in a couple of weeks, are any of you going to change units for your coues hunts?

If so, why the change?

(note that I did not ask "What Unit?" :ph34r: :rolleyes: ;) )

Since I am applying with a nonresident and we are not in the max point pool, I have eliminated the previous top unit as we would have no chance due to the NR cap being reached in the 20% pass. Hence a different unit.

Yep... I'm jumping.... after my first, and most likely last mule deer tag ever last year, I'm jumping back to coues hunting.

I'm also going to switch the unit I'm putting my wife in based on draw odds for the time she could go if drawn.

Yeah I'm jumping a little, looking at a couple of units I've never had a tag in. I decided to change in hopes of getting further away from people.

I almost always put a different unit as 1st choice for coues, still alot of units I want to hunt. For 2nd and down I put the old standbys. Will do it again this year and for my 2nd choice also, always seem to find new to me areas that are promising while doing other things.

Elk, that's different, I'm much more loyal.

Kent

...getting out of 33, WAY too crowded now!

yeah 33 stinks, I think everyone should not put in there.... especially the december hunt :lol:

Hate to admitt it but Im puttin in for carrrr...carrr...carp deer :ph34r: prob be ten or fifteen years before I get drawn...so maybe I will get to look at some diffrent country with a left over tag or archery tag...

Like always, I will put in for the BIG COUES on unit 45 and my beloved 36C. :D

Ermesto C

Like always, I will put in for the BIG COUES on unit 45 and my beloved 36C. :D

Ermesto C

After Ermesto's :P post I may jump.

No I will stay here at home mainly because it is to hard for me to be away from the shop.I did make some changes though for my later choices but don't expect anything from them.

Bighorn I was forced to change units since the eliminated my choices.

hello - yep gonna unit jump - . I was turkey hunting and had a pleasant surprise show- up-a group wht-tails - 3 bucks 2- does - gotta watch 'm for 90 min. and they were nice enough to parade by at 30 yrds. a forky - a big 3 point with one antler and a really nice 4x4 - biggest eye guards I ever seen 6 in. + his g-1 's at 8 in. the g3&4 about 2-3 in. He was as wide as his ears and good length - nice mass - a solid 100+ in anybodies book ! I'd like to put a tag on his new and improved rack next yr.!! I know I'm dreamin but seeing one is 1/2 the battle !! Gary

Yeah I'm jumping. From desert mule deer to my first time putting in for coues. I'm really looking forward to a change of scenery.

Yup! My Bride and I are both jumping!! We are putting in for hunt # 1000!!! ;) :P

My boy wants to ump just cuz he found that one big shed and saw the buck.... we shall see... :rolleyes:

Hey, Snapshot 100 more tags for 27 that getting ridiculous game and fish is gonna thin out the deer population up here!!! :angry: quantity over quality i guess.