Sign in to follow this  
gauchoand

First time with the cams

Well over the weekend I went and pulled my first two cam setups ever :rolleyes: and well to say the least I was pretty disappointed :angry: . When I walked up to the cams I was pretty stoked to see that between the two I had almost taken a thousand pics. When I finally went through them only maybe 25 had animals on them. The Moultrie D40 had 700 hundred pictures with only four pictures of deer and well since it was on three shot burst 3 of them were actuall taken an hour before picking up the cam :angry: . So Im unsure what was tripping the cameras can it be movement from grass? shadows wouldn't trip it right??? What causes the misfires Any advice on that??? heres a few of the pics though. Overall though I did get a variety with deer, elk, coyotes, turkeys and of course cattle showing there faces.

post-2374-1246994583_thumb.jpg

post-2374-1246994620_thumb.jpg

Yes, grass moving in the wind or branches moving in the wind can cause the cameras to trigger. If you scroll through the images, you should be able to see what moved in them. If you don't see the vegetation in different positions in the photos, then I am not sure what set your camera off. But I bet if you just scroll through the pics fast, you will be able to see the plants moving like animation created from lots of still pics.

Amanda

Any idea what the is in the second pic, right above the word "wildview"?

I just set one of my cameras up yesterday and about half way home, I realized that I forgot to do a little "mowing" of the tall grass. Oh well. I will probably have a ton of false triggers, but I am not going back out there for at least a week.

It kind of looks like a bobcat with the head on the right side with the white tips of the ears and the black tip of the tail on the left side.

post-2374-1247014892_thumb.jpg

Heres another view best I can figure is this is what it is but even this pic was taken over an hour and a half later. Nothing else was taken between the two pics. The small buck disappeared probably due to the dead time between triggers.

Amanda I think your spot on about the grass on one cam but for the life of me on the moultrie there wasn't much grass and when scrolling through it all I notice movement wise is the shadow going across the pictures day in and day out.

post-2374-1247014694_thumb.jpg

Any idea what the is in the second pic, right above the word "wildview"?

Nice catch! I don't know that I would have picked that out if you hadn't mentioned it. The pic six seconds earlier shows it much more clearly though.

These are cool pics. Thanks for posting.

I get a lot of grass, shadows, and sunlight triggers on my Moultrie camera. I don't mind it though. It has a great trigger speed, and I get 6 weeks on the batteries and a 2 gig sd card. Thanks for posting some cool pics!

I get a lot of grass, shadows, and sunlight triggers on my Moultrie camera. I don't mind it though. It has a great trigger speed, and I get 6 weeks on the batteries and a 2 gig sd card. Thanks for posting some cool pics!

And if you put it on a tree, it moves also.

And if you put it on a tree, it moves also.

You know I didn't think about that do you actually think though that trees of 12+ inches in diameter are going to sway that much though??? I don't know if you were just joking about that but It might play a small part in it now that I think about it.