Sign in to follow this  
lucky2hunt

Back From South Africa

Amazing! That doesn't even come close to describing the experience... I just returned from a 7 day hunt with Zingeli Safaris in South Africa, after the hunt we took another week to site see. My husband didn't hunt, I felt bad that he had to sit in blinds with me all day or watch patiently as I stalked my game, so I figured I better show him more of S. Africa. :rolleyes: We went to Kruger National Park and then to Cape Town. By the end of the trip we were exhausted but so pleased with our experience.

The game was plentiful, never boring, so many new and exciting things to see from our pit blinds. No shot over 23 yards, only two animal went over 40 yards after the shot. I'm also proud to say, some of the animals will make Gold Medal in the SCI Book. After a day of hunting we sat around a fire with good S. African beer and delicious S. African wine. The food was incredible and our accommodations were first class. No t.v. or computer :o , I thought it would bother me to be 9 days with no news from the outside world, but it was so nice just to relax. Our PH was amazing, his passion for hunting was hard to match. All in all a great time, I'm already bugging my husband to take me back, I still have a list of animals I need to get!

I need to thank the guys at Bull Basin Archery here in Flagstaff, they had me set up and confident with my Mathews. They were even patient with me when I started obsessing and in the shop every day! :rolleyes: Also to Tim Neal with TrophySeekers World Wide for setting up the trip and helping me with broadhead selection!

The biggest Thanks goes to my husband, it's hard to explain the passion I have for hunting, but he goes along with it and tries to understand and is always there to support me and my crazy whims and ideas!

Now it's time to concentrate on my bull elk hunt only a few weeks away! I'M LIVING THE DREAM!!! :P :P :P

My equipment included: Mathews Drenalin, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350 arrows, And the F-15 Carbon Express broadhead.

Our room:

IMG_3812.jpg

The end of the day, check out my husband's shirt!!!

IMG_3809.jpg

Nyala or also called "The Prince of Africa"

IMG_3566.jpg

Gnarly Warthog:

IMG_3598.jpg

Kudu!!!

DSC_0253.jpg

54-55"

DSC_0259.jpg

Impala:

DSC_0346.jpg

Wildebeest:

DSC_0180.jpg

Zebra:

IMG_3801.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ilene

Congratulations on some great animals. If you are like I was after my first trip to Africa, you will return ... and return!

Bill Quimby

WoW!!! That is so GREAT! Congratulations and thanks for sharing your amazing experience with us. Love the CW.com shirt at the bar!! Great animals and you did it all with your bow...very cool!

Amanda

I don't know how I missed this Thread! Great Bag of African trophys!! Congrats!!

I don't know how I missed this Thread! Great Bag of African trophys!! Congrats!!

that's the reason I created this new "hunting in Africa" forum and the other new forums for elk, mulies, lions, etc. There is so much content posted on CW.com that it can get missed or lost if it is not in its own category. The new changes should make it much easier to find and post content.

Ilene, I just saw this for the first time myself. Awesome to say the least. Congratulations on all your trophies and for sharing them with us here on cwt. Taking all with a bow is outstanding. My hat is off to you young lady. :D

TJ

Thanks guys! It was an incredible trip! So amazing that I can't seem to shake the memory from my mind... Hence I have convinced my husband that we need to go back next Summer 2011 for our 25th anniv. I'm in the process of planning a hunt with the same outfit, Zingeli Safaris, to try and bag some of the trophies that still haunt my dreams!