Sign in to follow this  
TEmbry

Alaska Deer August 2009

Well guys, season is underway! Spent 2.5 weeks up in Alaska, 10 days of which on a DIY backcountry archery hunt for sitka blacktails. me and one partner, 3x tags each for a total of 6 bucks. Hard work, steep hills, LOTS of bucks, LOTS of work, all worth it in the end. Trip of many lifetimes, we even caught fish with our bare hands. I am working on a slideshow of the trip, but for now here are some highlight pics!

On a second note, I'll finally be hunting in Arizona this coming January. Looks like Jan 4-10, for either mulies or coues...whichever I find first! ha Still working out exact locations but don't want to be banned for e-scouting....so I will find a few areas and inquire through PMs whether I should even waste my time.

Here are my Alaska bucks in order, all should make the P&Y minimum.

IMG_0536.jpg

100_1662.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

That is way cool, huge congrats. 3 bucks each with bows, nice job. Good luck on your AZ trip, I'm sure a bunch of us would and could point you in a good direction. Let me know.

Awesome- I love Kodiak- and miss that place!

AzP&Y

Wow that is awesome! Congrats on some great looking bucks there! Good Luck this January!

well you completed one of my dreams for me thanks :lol:. As far as Az comes when it gets closer to time send me a pm and I can point you in a direction or two

Great pictures. I hunted Uganik a few years back, cant wait to go back...............If you need any help on your january hunt, send me an email............Allen Taylor..........602-454-2146.............

Sounds like a great hunt. One of those that will more than likely remain in my dreams and not become a reality. Thanks for posting the pics.

Aaron

Awesome pictures and thanks for sharing but it really makes me sad knowing I'll never be able to do what you just done. Congratulations! :)

TJ

Great pics and bucks! Congratulations!

How did you sneak up to those bucks....looks like there is no cover to speak of!

Amanda

VERY slowly! LOL

In some cases, the terrain allowed us to literally just walk quietly within range then peak over the edge for a shot....But in others, the last 500+ yards was nothing but ankle high grass. I had to spider crawl on my back down to my first buck, gaining maybe 3 yards every 5 minutes as he and his companions looked away all at once. It took nearly 4 hours to close the distance to bow range, but it worked out and I got the shot I was looking for.

So long as you only move when they aren't looking, you really don't even need the cover.

Here is my first buck and his smaller friend at around 90 yards as I was closing the distance laying on my back.

IMG_0526.jpg