Sign in to follow this  
TNT

Quality archery pro shop in Tucson?

Jesse at Saguaro Tackle & Archery will never steer anyone in the wrong direction and he does quality work with great knowledge to back it up. Can get you anything you need (and has) in a very timely manner. Only place to go for me!

My experience is consitent with most of these replies. Jesse at Saguaro Bait, Tackle, and Archery is a great one to go with. Went to Robinson's once and they seemed more annoyed with my questions than willing to help.

Robinsons workmanship is comparable to that of a blind kindergardener. No offense meant to any blind kindergardener's.

+1... ordered the z7 3 weeks ago tom said he already had one ordered that i was 2 weeks into the bow being here.... called monday to check the status of it ( if he was right the bow should have been here today or tomorrow ) and they told me i still had a 4-6 week before it was here. Cancelled my order and that day went to archery HQ in chandler and picked one up in stock. i HIGHLY RECOMMEND if your looking for a good mathews dealer you drive the hour to chandler to Archery HQ. Besides that Sportsmans Ware House has a good archery departmentand as well as PSE.

Me thinks June is either in the wrong month or century.

I got my first bow at Bob's Bargin Barn in 1967. Then I was lucky enough to have my parents buy me a real one from Universal Archery for Christmas in 1970. They also got me a half dozen arrows with it and Doris did a great job of fletching them wood ones with feathers.

Got my first compound from Leroy at Ye Ole Archery.

Archery was fun back then.

Now there is soooo much hype.

The reason it is hard to find a good archery shop is that you have to be crazy to do it. You have to have more passion than brains. Anybody that works on a bow and does it for other people is crazy. I work on mine and will do it for my brothers but other than that and a few special people, no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of the folks all you guys mentioned above are very special people.

Get your own bow press, Medicine Stone, laser, scale, Bitzinberger, chrony and all the other stuff and learn how to do your own stuff.

Nothing like dialing it in for yourself.

CMC, I don't think Jon or those other PSE guys shoot that well, you must have been having a bad day.

BTW, I shoot a PSE X-Force, how sweet. It has been a bow press experience.

Just one more thing...Please guys, don't beat someone up...get your own stuff and beat yourself up.

I prefer Vargas's Archery shop out of his garage. He works for PSE and takes care of all my requests.

Bobbyyo, you should let Jeff handle your bow

dave... wait... you shoot a PSE? Thought you were a custom Hoyt shooter? Maybe I was wrong about you all these years. I built my own press to work my Dream Season and Bow Madness. Let me know if you ever need to use it. I have a mount that all you need to do is clamp it in a vise.

Second if you are looking to build one I have some ideas I've gotten off some other sites that are very good ideas and pretty cheap to build. email me and I can forward them to ya.

cmc

Jesse at Saguaro really is a good guy and has great service....unless it comes to rattlesnakes, those get him so stirred up hes been known to break a leg dodging them :)

Jesse at Saguaro Bait and Tackle is a great place to go....but when I need an expert and someone I can trust i drive all the way North to Prescott Valley and go to Mile high archery. Dave Stepp is the owner and holds multiple World Championships. There is nothing he cant handle.

I hear there is a new shop comming to tucson. It is the same guy that owns bull basin archery in flagstaff. From what I know bull basin has a great reputation so this shop should be good as well.

I hear there is a new shop comming to tucson. It is the same guy that owns bull basin archery in flagstaff. From what I know bull basin has a great reputation so this shop should be good as well.

I heard the same thing this weekend, I just wish there was one on the Northwest side.

its some good guys that work there. they used to work at archeryhq. they know their stuff. if it runs like the bull basin up here in flagstaff it will be a great shop.

Robinsons workmanship is comparable to that of a blind kindergardener. No offense meant to any blind kindergardener's.

+1... ordered the z7 3 weeks ago tom said he already had one ordered that i was 2 weeks into the bow being here.... called monday to check the status of it ( if he was right the bow should have been here today or tomorrow ) and they told me i still had a 4-6 week before it was here. Cancelled my order and that day went to archery HQ in chandler and picked one up in stock. i HIGHLY RECOMMEND if your looking for a good mathews dealer you drive the hour to chandler to Archery HQ. Besides that Sportsmans Ware House has a good archery departmentand as well as PSE.

Archery Headquaters is by far the best shop in the state. They have done all my work for years and always do an outstanding job. It is worth the drive from anywhere! Good prices, great customer service and an excellent bow rench shop.

New shop or not ill always go to jesse for honest top notch work! Great guy, great hunter an great shop! Thanks jesse for your great service over the years!