We went six for six at the Maldonado camp.

This one was the biggest in camp, I green scored him at 106.

post-35-1257266804_thumb.jpg

This the crew after the second day

post-35-1257266824_thumb.jpg

I killed a 3x2 yesterday and took pictures with my other camera where the files are to big to post here. I'll figure how to down size it and post it later. My other buddy took a 160 class muley on the first day, once he sends me the pix i'll post them as well.

Here's the story on my buck.

It was the third day of the hunt and the rest of the camp had already tagged out, no pressure :blink: .

I headed up to a water hole that was almost dry but the deer were still hitting it off and on. The bad thing about this hole is that it's right off a dirt road in a high traffic area. I got there about 7am and settled in. About an hour later I heard noise from up above me and I knew that the moment was at hand. My heart started to let me know that it was still there :D . As the sound got closer, disappointment kicked in when I saw a cow headed to the tank, then another, then another. I had eight cows in the water not less than 30 yards away. I figured they would drink and leave but no dice. They started feeding and one even laid down. Then I hear fourwheelers coming which of course made me happy :huh: The guys drove to the tank and took a nap on thier wheelers :o . I decided to check out another tank about 3/4 of a mile up a giant ridge where there were no roads. About an hour and a half later I'm standing over a bone dry tank :(. So now what it's about 11:00 and the sun is pretty freaking hot. So I headed back down the ridge back to the original tank, about 40 minutes later i'm approaching the tank and what do you know. There is my buck standing about 30 yards from my blind. I made an off hand shot at about 80 yards, once the smoke cleared I saw another smaller buck looking my way wondering what just happen, I also heard two other deer run to my left. It took me about 3 minutes to load my gun, for some reason my hands were shaking and couldn't get the powder to fall in the barrel (must have been cold ;) ). Finally I got the thing loaded but by then I couldn't see any deer. I still didn't know if I hit the buck I shot at. As I walked towards where the buck was I saw good blood and knew that he was hit pretty hard. I turned to the blind and there he lay not two steps from where I sat that morning...Good thing about it is I didn't have to carry him out ten miles back to the road.

Sounds like a great time, except for the 4 wheelers. That big Coues' has some killer eye guards.

--Bill

Thanks guys, it was a great hunt, we had three guitars blazing at night with some cold beverages and really good guys. Sorry I missed you Travis, maybe next time.

I put Adam (Fatfootdoctor) on the tank where I killed my buck hopefully he'll score.

Contratulations Tommy!