On Saturday I went up to one of TAM and I's spots in unit 23 to change the memory card on my digital. As I was sitting there opening the camera I heard some twigs snap behind me and turned around to see a huge rack disappear over the hill. While checking the pictures I was happy to see we had several pictures of this monster. I just emailed some pictures to Amanda and I'm curious to see what all of you think he will score now and what you think he will score when he is done. I will take a stab and say he will become a 380" bull. What do you all think? By the way, TAM and I are auctioning the gps coordinates off starting at $1500.00. j/k.

How exciting! Any one who put in up aroung Blue Ridge should have a very good hunt. I can't remember what unit that is in, but over the weekend I saw two or three bulls that would score around 350, and those are just the ones I saw in the middle of the road. I tried to put my camera up in the area, but after hiking for about an hour, I thought I had found a good secluded spot. As I was putting it up, I heard "What is that?" I turned around, and saw a family on bikes. I'll now do a shout out to the Wilson Family, you scared the heck out of me. :)

I'm trying to place the picture as an attachment right now but it keeps saying it is too large. Anyone have any advice?

The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.

I've reduced the size to where all you see is a little dot and this message still comes up.

This bulls eyeguards and 4th's are great. Lets hear all of your predictions on what his score will be when he is hard horned. My guess is 380.

These pictures are from a digital camera Coues7 made me.

:D I too would guess very high 300s, 380 sounds about right for me.

Great bull who cares what it would score I wouldn't hesitate to shoot. Is that salt on the ground below him?

Yep it's salt. We usually use salt pellets and powdered deer cocaine. You can't see it very well in the pic's but right in the middle of the salt pile is a purple colored rasberry flavored salt block. The elk really seem to like it while the deer seem to prefer regular salt.

What a HOG...Great pic's guy's. Did any of you put in for elk in this unit?

i don't think he's a 380 bull, and i ain't tryin' to dis him either. that wierd turd lookin' deal on the left antler is an odd lookin' mess for sure. he has a real short 3rd on that side as result of it. it's a great bull. has a lot o' character. the forked 4th on the left horn is cool. i'm guessing he's a 330-340 bull, before deductions. sure are some good photos.