Sign in to follow this  
scoutm

Waiting on a 4x4

Sitting on the top of a mountain waiting on a 4x4 I glassed this morning to show so one of these two can shoot it. It is way to hot

Just messed up busted him out no shots fired.

You already did that in Mexico remember?

Ernesto C :lol:

Just messed up busted him out no shots fired.

You already did that in Mexico remember?

Ernesto C :lol:

No we didn't do that in Mexico - In Mexico it was a 4x5 and a stupid rutting fork horn busted him out. :angry: :P

Unfortunately, I needed to come home but Fristcoues and Red Rabbit are back in the canyon this mornig trying to track him down. Hopefully they can close the deal today. It was a tough/HOT hunt.

Well, for the first time in 6 or 7 years, I have Coues Deer Tag Soup. Just like I thought, it tastes like chit! Due to the new career, and buying my first home, I only had two days to hunt. Scott, Larry, Doug, Brian, my Dad and I, as well as my buddy Johnathon did the best we could, just couldnt connect.

Had a shot at a hihg 80's low 90's buck yesterday at 510 yards while waiting for the 4x4 to stand up. He was moving across the hill, and stopped long enough for a shot, but I wasnt quite set up yet. Oh well.

Had a good hunt!

Dry and hot with fewer deer than normal seen (for the unit), GREAT eats everyday, good stiff drink around the fires, and good company. A new face or two, with lots of familiar faces around.

Although no deer were taken, I feel fortunate to have been able to make it.. It was a great time.

Casey and I saw an AZ rarity.. While watching a troop of coatis, Casey said he sees a white one.. We call BS on him and start looking around for this white critter.. He comes back into view, and sure enough, there he is!! He was the same color as a yellow lab!! Really stood out and was really neat to see. You could REALLY see his color difference when he was beside a regular one. He was a big one as well..

I have seen two albino coaties in unit 34b. they have been a few years back and not in the same area of the unit. Just like you said like the color of a yellow lab. one was even a lighter color of yellow. I would have shot them if they were not seen while aiting on bucks.