jakehaffey

Most animals with an arrow?

I was wondering how many animals everyone has killed with the same arrow. I have always retired my arrows after a kill but thought I would try and stick me a pig with the same arrow I got my bull with in November. Just curious whats everyone's best is for most animals with that magic arrow?

I've got one pig and one elk with the same arrow! My arrow is still flying good after the elk so why not?

I retire my arrows. I figure they have fulfilled their job. Most of the time they have broken anyway. I have yet for an animal to step infront of my target butt so the arrow will have a soft stop after the pass through. I have hope though.

I've only killed five big animals so far, but all resulted in busted arrows.

On small game, I've killed 3 or 4 rabbits w/ blunt tipped radial x-weaves before bustin them, but that's certainly not always the case.

I tried to shoot a yote w/ an arrow I has just shot a turkey with. I missed and busted the arrow. I retired my elk arrow cuz I was proud of it. I also retire and all my pig arrows only cuz they might stink up my bow case :blink:

Seems like most of the time they are destroyed, but if its still in descent shape I put it in the last spot in my quiver. I figure its a good arrow to use to finish something off If needed.

Have killed multitudes of McKenzies with one arrow ;) :rolleyes:

But photos like this and knowing one who has had a broken carbon arrow penetrate the forearm has one wary of cracked arrows after being hit by other arrows, glances, or misses. Closely check and bend suspect arrows.

carbonarrowinjury.jpg

I try and kill as many animals as i can with the same arrow. every kill i get with that arrow i write it on the fletches with a sharpie. i once killed 5 animals with the same arrow. 3 deer in virginia and elk in az and a bear in az. the bear was up in a tree and when i shot it the arrow blew through and i couldnt find it. another arrow had 3 kills to its credit before blowing through a buck in virginia never to be found.